Roof Rails

Hadn't realised roof rails were available on the Carbon Black cars, although not on the Vorsprung.
Interesting as exactly my order ...

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Looks like can be retro.

In terms of practicality, that spoiler may clash with bikes when opening the boot (depending on type of rack used possibly). It's one of the reasons I didn't order a carbon black.
I only know this as the existing boot lid clashes with the rear tyre when mounted on my Thule Thru-ride racks, meaning you can't open the boot with bikes on top (unless you like tyre print scratches).
I'm sure this isn't a concern for the average RS3 owner, but just for info.

Last edited:
Looks like it has been added after like the spoiler.

I would have spec'd it if it was available. We did in our S3.

I'am pretty sure you can't retro fit roof rails correct me if i'am wrong .

I know someone that did it on an 8V.

The location points for drilling the roof were punched on the inside of the roof steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze
I'am pretty sure you can't retro fit roof rails correct me if i'am wrong .
I retrofitted them on my 8V was easy enough..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY

Hadn't realised roof rails were available on the Carbon Black cars, although not on the Vorsprung.
Surely the Pan roof prevents the roof rails with a Vorsprung?

Who did the work for you ?
My local bodyshop. Cost me about 350 all in. This included getting the roof rails painted gloss black as they were originally chrome

Surely the Pan roof prevents the roof rails with a Vorsprung?
From the parts database it looks like they fit on the outer roof section that runs from the A pillar over the B pillar and down the C pillar.
That section is a lot wider than on the 8V so i guess in theory it would fit a Vorsprung, however the pan roof is now a consideration because the main glass runs right up to the edge, whereas on the 8V it was sat within a frame piece, maybe there is no way in the body construction to accommodate both........

It wont stop people just using the 'stick' on ones though lol.....

The Audi black ones are £300 a side..........
Ali ones are £350 a side.......

Last edited:
My local bodyshop. Cost me about 350 all in. This included getting the roof rails painted gloss black as they were originally chrome

Thats not a bad price at if they are useable and not just for show .

I need to have a look but I think that I saw the fixings on my Vorsprung.

I need to have a look but I think that I saw the fixings on my Vorsprung.

Fixings ?

I think you are referring to the roof bar location points when the door is opened maybe ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look on Audi configurator the roof rails are listed as an option for the carbon model but not for the Vorsprung

Thats not a bad price at if they are useable and not just for show .
Yes mate I only do things properly. OEM style. Headlining had to come out and then they were drilled in and secured from the underside. Just as if they were a factory option. Couldn't tell any different.

Could get roof rails and pano on the 8v though
Yes, however the 8Y has a different style Pano roof now that comes all the way across, on the 8V it was in a surround, so the moving part is 2 inches or so away from the very edge.

Reactions: Stu-27
Yes, however the 8Y has a different style Pano roof now that comes all the way across, on the 8V it was in a surround, so the moving part is 2 inches or so away from the very edge.
Ah I was unaware of that, shame coz the roof rails set off the sport back nicely