JB4 test unit

Lol we live in the Uk so having access to doing those sorts of speeds isn’t possible legally.

Whereas a 0-60 sprint is possible in the right area, without ruffling too many feathers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice to hear that you lift off and presumably brake the instant 60mph (or 70 on a dual carraigeway) is reached :laugh::laughing:

Nice to hear that you lift off and presumably brake the instant 60mph (or 70 on a dual carraigeway) is reached :laugh::laughing:

Difficult now round these parts, you can’t even launch up and down long deserted stretches of country roads any more without someone wagging a finger lol.

Motorway is as bad with police in unmarked everywhere.

Gotta choose your moments carefully and when there’s no one around, which is tricky.

Reactions: kayemill, Mike.46 and RS03???
Difficult now round these parts, you can’t even launch up and down long deserted stretches of country roads any more without someone wagging a finger lol.

Motorway is as bad with police in unmarked everywhere.

Gotta choose your moments carefully and when there’s no one around, which is tricky.

In the area I live, Early Sunday morning about 8am around an Industrial park, where the roads are sized for HGV traffic.

Reactions: garethdj
In the area I live, Early Sunday morning about 8am around an Industrial park, where the roads are sized for HGV traffic.
There is one like that around here, trouble is there has been car meetings there and local residents have complained to the police, so a no go for me.

• Sad
Reactions: RS03???
'Our' Motorcycle riding 'place' is N Wales, I used to get up after nights and take a nice 25 mile ride to the Horse Shoe Pass, have a cuppa and come back, roads were lovely and 90% derestricted, these days that ride is cr*p, it's either 50mph with average speed cameras or 40mph, it's noticeable that every year I need to ride further into Wales to get a decent ride

EVO magazine played a big part in destroying some real nice roads with their 'EVO triangle' a stretch over the Denbigh Moors, not helped by that w*nker Harris having a picture taken a foot off the ground with the sign board behind him for the Alwyn Resovoir ***, it is now a 60mph average speed camera triangle, mind you a little bit of ingnuity with an average speed add on Motorcycle speedo (Like a cycle one) and a little fun can be had :)

I'm starting to lose the will for speed at the moment, and the RS3 comes into that category as well :sadlike:

I tried the car built in timer again, but really low fuel lol

20220530 054832

What was the old car to QM? 12.5s?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Two things:

1. Any more progress with the jb4 are you happy with it so far?

2. You missed a trick with your avatar...
Screenshot 20220607 093607 Edge

Change it, you know it makes sense
(I love the craftsmanship of your editing there :laughing:)

Reactions: 8YARWY
Two things:

View attachment 255400

Waiting for a different harness at the moment

It’s still not liking the top boost sensor when connected up.

So as for now it’s off the car until I the different wiring harness.

Lol true missed that……

Two things:

View attachment 255400

Fixed

• Love
Reactions: Add_Profile
If this is true.... damn, trolls reign supreme on here forcing the informative and helpful ones away.
You know who you are and you're pathetic.. shame on you admins for consistently giving them free reign and typically, no, expectedly - I'll get reprimanded for voicing an opinion.

Screenshot 20220611 154333 Edge

• Angry
Reactions: 8YARWY and RS03???
If this is true.... damn, trolls reign supreme on here forcing the informative and helpful ones away.
You know who you are and you're pathetic.. shame on you admins for consistently giving them free reign and typically, no, expectedly - I'll get reprimanded for voicing an opinion.

View attachment 255595
What have I missed?

View attachment 255595
Hard to believe, Why ?.

Perhaps after a short break away, he'll come round again.

Take in a bit of

and actively put certain individuals on a mental block when perusing threads... god knows I have to!

Two things:

View attachment 255400

New Harness testing time

177e21fbd52584af2b967e63e99bc1bc.jpg

Reactions: CarterRS
welcome back

any software changes to go with the new harness - do you think you will improve on the previous figures?

welcome back

any software changes to go with the new harness - do you think you will improve on the previous figures?

Yes a different Firmware I’ve flashed it with.

82936556234000c5b3acc8494e7304db.jpg

The problem we were having was the top boost sensor causing the car to bring a light on before it was even started up, possibly a JB4 booting up too slow issue and the car was seeing no signal because it was ‘live’ a lot faster.

Seems to have stopped that now.

Got some more logging to do for Burger so they can see what the sensors are now reading during certain driving conditions.

Reactions: Add_Profile
I put a JB4 on a 235i years ago just to get the warning lights off the dash for the modded exhaust and cat. Would the JB4 still work like this on a car with opf’s removed for example?

I put a JB4 on a 235i years ago just to get the warning lights off the dash for the modded exhaust and cat. Would the JB4 still work like this on a car with opf’s removed for example?

No it’ll have no influence on the OPF removal.

Any updates on your jb4 mate? Considering jb4 or the racechip.

I'd avoid chip entirely. It was causing some minor misfire codes.

But if you needed to get one as a stop gap for a tune. Go for JB4

George at JB4 is extremely helpful and has always answered my questions or reviewed my logs within 24hrs.

All good so far…….

New firmware due George has told me, then I can start using custom map 6.

The thing I like about JB4 is the ability to log what’s actually going on with the car, and how it can be customised.

Last edited:
All good so far…….

New firmware due George has told me, then I can start using custom map 6.

The thing I like about JB4 is the ability to log what’s actually going on with the car, and how it can be customised.

You get the obd reader with it also? I had jb4 on b9 s4 bfre i went stage 2. Was good george was really helpful. Was just doing pros cons vs racechip. A few ppl on here now have racechip.

You get the obd reader with it also? I had jb4 on b9 s4 bfre i went stage 2. Was good george was really helpful. Was just doing pros cons vs racechip. A few ppl on here now have racechip.
Yes it connects to the OBD port to get ECU data same as before........

Ill be going jb4. Hopefully will get shipped with correct leads. You go for bluetooth?