One to avoid DX71RKZ

8YARWY

Electric Avenue
Reaction score
IMG 4964

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Prodigy, Frankel and 3 others
Is there a badly fitted JB4 in all that mess or are these running flexfuel now?

I have rebuilt a few fire damaged cars and it is one of the most difficult types of damage to repair properly, don't envy anyone that job.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Is there a badly fitted JB4 in all that mess or are these running flexfuel now?

I have rebuilt a few fire damaged cars and it is one of the most difficult types of damage to repair properly, don't envy anyone that job.

JB4 can run flex fuel and there are some using it on the 8Y, however there are issues with just adding E Willy nilly and not properly being able to increase the injector cycle.
Darin told me anything above 20% mix will start causing ECU codes.

Reactions: flybynite
35k wow I could imagine this would cost a fortune to put back on the road .

Hardly a bargain at that price is it ?

New engine / turbo / gearbox etc will be around 30k plus all the other parts damaged by the fire(headlights etc are £1600 each)

You need medical attention if you pay that for a fire damaged car.

Best to add 15k and go buy a nearly new one with prices dropping.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and DW81
35k wow I could imagine this would cost a fortune to put back on the road .
A couple of things
I dont understand the reasoning how this can be HPI clear? Surely a lease company or PCP would state 'fully comp' insurance? and if you can afford to buy outright you can afford the insurance?
This is typical of what happens, the next stage in this story is a stolen car to get all the bits to fix this one....................

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and flybynite
This is typical of what happens, the next stage in this story is a stolen car to get all the bits to fix this one....................

Exactly this, only way it adds up unfortunately, obvious what the target market is.

A couple of things
I dont understand the reasoning how this can be HPI clear? Surely a lease company or PCP would state 'fully comp' insurance? and if you can afford to buy outright you can afford the insurance?
Yeah because economy wise there’s zero money in this to replace with all new parts.
Engine is 18k + vat
Gearbox is probably 6/7k plus 2k mech unit
New turbo 4K
AC pump
Alternator
Abs plus ECU
New ECU
Wiring / damaged pipe work for engine / brakes / AC
Lights could be damaged
New airbox / coolant reservoir
Bonnet needs replacing and paint etc
I’d imagine the inside of the engine bay would need repainting etc.

This car needs scrapping for parts only imho.

Reactions: Mike.46
It's amazing what survives in a fire, once bought a 964 fire damaged engine/gearbox, it looked similar to this RS3 but once all the melted plastic crap was removed the engine and box were perfectly ok, the gearbox we just flushed out, fitted an LSD and ran it all year in a race car, the engine I stripped and rebuilt, again all the major components were ok.

I would expect this RS3 to also have internal passenger area damage as well to the interior bulkhead

Can you imagine trying to order all the plastic clips and brackets?................nightmare

wonder if i could get the carbon rear roof spoiler for a tenner?... would look nice on the Vorsprung...

Reactions: drgav2005
It's amazing what survives in a fire, once bought a 964 fire damaged engine/gearbox, it looked similar to this RS3 but once all the melted plastic crap was removed the engine and box were perfectly ok, the gearbox we just flushed out, fitted an LSD and ran it all year in a race car, the engine I stripped and rebuilt, again all the major components were ok.

I would expect this RS3 to also have internal passenger area damage as well to the interior bulkhead

Can you imagine trying to order all the plastic clips and brackets?................nightmare

lol yeah but I’d imagine not many people will want melted plastic etc all over an engine bay on a 50k odd car…….

Hardly a bargain at that price is it ?

New engine / turbo / gearbox etc will be around 30k plus all the other parts damaged by the fire(headlights etc are £1600 each)

You need medical attention if you pay that for a fire damaged car.

Best to add 15k and go buy a nearly new one with prices dropping.

Yep totally agree mate

A couple of things
Could be that the car wasn't insured or for some reason the insurance was delared null and void, therefore the claim rejected. I've known it before.

Price drop lol grab a bargain

420d80f91360f440d67f37feb7938184.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Daggerit