RS3 8Y vs GolfR

Yeh, guy in the RS3 is an arrogant pr+ck, absolute chav and not a likeable guy at all, unlike the guy in the R

Reactions: Houston and 8YARWY
I watched this last nite and couldn't believe what an idiot the guy in the Rs3 was what a proper ******

Reactions: 8YARWY
Why is it the ones that boast are arrogant, cash rich ? and unlikeable, whereas the guy in the golf, uses his skills to use, build, likeable and humble.

Interesting though, not at all sure that the RS3 will be doing 650hp the way the Golf just pulled away on the roll on (unless it's had the mid range turned down to stop the rods escaping)

The standing start drag race is another thing, we know just how good the Audi launch programme is by the times a std car will achieve

Reactions: 8YARWY
Interesting though, not at all sure that the RS3 will be doing 650hp the way the Golf just pulled away on the roll on (unless it's had the mid range turned down to stop the rods escaping)

The standing start drag race is another thing, we know just how good the Audi launch programme is by the times a std car will achieve
JB4 too

Reactions: Mike.46
Whilst no make or model is immune to it, the RS3 'scene' does seem to turn into a toxic pizzing contest more than most others. It not something I come across as much with other cars I have (or have had)

One of the reason I still have the 8V, it slips past unnoticed most of the time and you don't get tarred with the same brush. If I could have found the right pre-opf Golf R I probably would have stuck with that as a daily driver and if I was prepared to chuck more cash at it I'd be in a B3. Still might if I can find the right one.

Reactions: drgav2005 and 8YARWY
Whilst no make or model is immune to it, the RS3 'scene' does seem to turn into a toxic pizzing contest more than most others. It not something I come across as much with other cars I have (or have had)

One of the reason I still have the 8V, it slips past unnoticed most of the time and you don't get tarred with the same brush. If I could have found the right pre-opf Golf R I probably would have stuck with that as a daily driver and if I was prepared to chuck more cash at it I'd be in a B3. Still might if I can find the right one.
There seems to be a ‘Instagram’ lifestyle now around these fast Audis, whereby 20’s /30 years old owners seem to think they are some sort of ‘celebrity’ and will film absolutely anything to get ‘likes’ etc.
someone I was talking to yesterday pointed out about all these ‘win a car for £1.99’ YouTubers desperate to attract viewers to make any sort of money from it.
Then there’s the ‘fastest’ this or ‘first to have this fitted crowd’ lol get a job.

Reactions: flybynite

For me it is a clear case of peak figures vs area under the graph and the fact that willy-waving headline figures off a dyno are not what gets the car down the road.

Always amazes me how many muppets never get their head round that in their lifetime and never understand how a car with "less" bhp and torque leaves them for dead.

Then prompt the usual "must be making more" conspiracy theories :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
For me it is a clear case of peak figures vs area under the graph and the fact that willy-waving headline figures off a dyno are not what gets the car down the road.

Always amazes me how many muppets never get their head round that in their lifetime and never understand how a car with "less" bhp and torque leaves them for dead.

That’s Twice now I’ve seen a ‘fastest 8Y RS3’ not live up to th billing the other one is the blue Saloon.

Last edited:
Reactions: FBF01 and flybynite

I used to do a lot of 911 stuff, we had a lovely conversion for the 964 Turbo, It would make around 450hp but with a lovely convex curve, a 'friendly' competitor used to use 'our' rolling road/dyno and came bouncing in to the workshop saying their 'similar' conversion had just done 503hp, but the curve was more like a Phallic symbol than a curve, the car would have needed a 15 speed gearbox to perform with it :)

• Haha
Reactions: drgav2005, 8YARWY and flybynite
Afaik HGP still has the fastest 8Y with proper unlocked ECU, that engine will be gone soon.

Not surprised that the RS3 owner went to Infinit tho, seems to be the kind of customer that shops there...

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY and FBF01
I hate the term "fully built"
Or when you see an advert for an RS3 saying “no expense spared, car wants for nothing”

You know then it’s been used and abused and is ready for the knackers yard

Twats do seem to be over represented behind the wheel of this car.

• Haha
Reactions: M3 Convert