Facelift Jassy's Discussion/Build/Wait Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon Thread

So this thread had driven me insane, I emailed my dealer tonight (yes at 12.30am) asking for a deal on an RS3.

I've done some maths and I believe that I can get a deal at around £800p/m - which is alot but only £100 more than my S3 is costing me (which is also more than most of you would pay!).

I have had to be super selective with my options to come in at £55k (Audi code ANAL9XED) I went for Black as I want a smart colour that isn't expensive and don't want to pay for Navarra at £2,400. I also stipulated I wouldn't want to collect until January. It may be that I am in dream land but lets see what they say.

Jeez, if I was paying £800 p/m for a car I'd sell the house and live in it lol
Managed to type in your code without the firewall at work blocking it!
Does look good in black.

Reactions: David McQueen, AudiNutta, BarryG79 and 6 others
So this thread had driven me insane, I emailed my dealer tonight (yes at 12.30am) asking for a deal on an RS3.

I've done some maths and I believe that I can get a deal at around £800p/m - which is alot but only £100 more than my S3 is costing me (which is also more than most of you would pay!).

I have had to be super selective with my options to come in at £55k (Audi code ANAL9XED) I went for Black as I want a smart colour that isn't expensive and don't want to pay for Navarra at £2,400. I also stipulated I wouldn't want to collect until January. It may be that I am in dream land but lets see what they say.

Fixed it ;-)

IMG 3699

Reactions: AudiNutta, TDI-line, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Car looks ace .... what colour is that ?

I still hate the square radar detector though which totally spoils the front grill.

Audi really should have designed something much more subtle.

It is Toucan Yellow with Gloss Black styling pack. Have to resist seeing one in the flesh.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin

Have you had you existing car the S3 valued and what deposit are you looking to put down

Ps £7/800 a month for a car...... Yer mad mate totally a S3 and RS3 ARE DEFINITELY NOT WORTH that amount of Dosh, rent a Porsche instead for them figures

Reactions: David McQueen, AudiNutta, MattSedg and 4 others
£800 x 12 = £9600 per annum.

I don't know your circumstances but unless you have a fully paid off mortgage and an excellent pension it would make a lot more sense to spend a lot less on a car.

I would lose sleep spending that kind of money.

Reactions: Bells, BarryG79, FBF01 and 4 others
£800 x 12 = £9600 per annum.

I don't know your circumstances but unless you have a fully paid off mortgage and an excellent pension it would make a lot more sense to spend a lot less on a car.

I would lose sleep spending that kind of money.
You can lease an RS6 for that kind of money via stable vehicle contracts.

Reactions: David McQueen, BarryG79, FBF01 and 2 others
I haven't got any estimates of cost or anything yet. That's just a bit of maths based on a loan of £52k on the Audi pcp page over 48 months and 20k.

Maybe I misread this thread but bar a massive deposit of over 10k any RS3 will cost at least £600pm anyway. So it's not cheap however you look at it.

It may be it's stupidly expensive and not worth it. But I blame Jazzy.

Reactions: AudiNutta, PanamaS3, Rob2k68 and 3 others
Bladdy hell, 700-800/month on a small german saloon..............wowee.
Any Audi RS is a good car but none out of the box will ever be regarded as great. You could easily afford much more premium focused cars for that money. If the RS is worth say 50% trade in 4years time you have been losing hundreds of pounds a month just looking at it!

I have no mortgage, earn a few quid and have a large pension pot and would never contemplate those figures for a mass produced car. In 2-3years the next RS3 will come along which will probably be better! I am middle aged though :(

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Djs3saloon
I haven't got any estimates of cost or anything yet. That's just a bit of maths based on a loan of £52k on the Audi pcp page over 48 months and 20k.

Maybe I misread this thread but bar a massive deposit of over 10k any RS3 will cost at least £600pm anyway. So it's not cheap however you look at it.

It may be it's stupidly expensive and not worth it. But I blame Jazzy.

I never use the online calculators for a few reasons.
I never pay the book price for a car, nor do I pay the default interest rates quoted.
As you say, best to get in there and start the hard negotiations (which may be more difficult on an RS admittedly).

Reactions: DrEskimo
I never pay the book price for a car, nor do I pay the default interest rates quoted.
As you say, best to get in there and start the hard negotiations (which may be more difficult on an RS admittedly).

No danger of getting any discount on the RS3 till at least March maybe even never mate.....

Reactions: AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn

You've done well to negotiate the interest rate AB!
Get the usual line of "Thats set by AUDI UK, nothing we can do..."

You can adjust your deposit to reflect any discounted price with options though. As long as the 'Amount of Credit" is right, it will reflect the cost of the PCP.

But yea, not if you get a lower APR :p

Reactions: AudiNutta and Audi Bairn
Well l eventually got access to my email and to achieve a payment of £450 per month, l would need to pay a £13000 deposit which is madness for renting a car,
Screenshot 20170810 125622

Roll on October

Reactions: AudiNutta, MattSedg, Rolly12 and 3 others
Hmmmm....only you can decide if £35k to rent an RS3 for 4yrs is worth it mate...!

My rule of thumb is to not spend more than £5k per year on a deal, but YMMV.

Reactions: Satory, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Well l eventually got access to my email and to achieve a payment of £450 per month, l would need to pay a £13000 deposit which is madness for renting a car, View attachment 133178

Roll on October
Would it be worth looking at used Caymans etc, you can get good PCP deals on those, there are even PCP brokers. That is crazy money for a pumped up S3.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Would it be worth looking at used Caymans etc, you can get good PCP deals on those, there are even PCP brokers. That is crazy money for a pumped up S3.

Settleling for a quiet life.... I am 54, and no matter what car l do choose l will get fed up with it after a few years, best to get fed up with a car that doesn't cost the earth a month.... And l think my S3 will be a bit unique to a extent plus er indoors has a big effect on everything

Reactions: TDI-line, Satory, Audi Bairn and 6 others
Settleling for a quiet life.... I am 54, and no matter what car l do choose l will get fed up with it after a few years, best to get fed up with a car that doesn't cost the earth a month.... And l think my S3 will be a bit unique to a extent plus er indoors has a big effect on everything
Makes sense. The crazy comment was re the RS and not the S3. Will look forward to seeing pics of the new one.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
No danger of getting any discount on the RS3 till at least March maybe even never mate.....

Only discount I ever got on carwow on the PFL RS3 was £1500 so around 3.2% and it had been out a fair while then.

Hmmmm....only you can decide if £35k to rent an RS3 for 4yrs is worth it mate...!

My rule of thumb is to not spend more than £5k per year on a deal, but YMMV.

YMMV, am I being daft?

Only discount I ever got on carwow on the PFL RS3 was £1500 so around 3.2% and it had been out a fair while then.

YMMV, am I being daft?

Your mileage may vary, as in you may have a different way of thinking.

Probably not the correct use of it thinking about it...so I'm actually the daft one :p

Mate.....don't feel like you're settling for a quiet life....trust me, when you map the car and do some other bits and bobs you will be very happy with it....the FL is an awesome car....the colour will be unique....the chicks are gonna love it....believe me!!!
Don't stress over the car anymore bud....you have bigger fish to fry....hope your parents are doing ok....keep the wife happy, happy wife happy life as they say....take care of the fam....have those holidays.....jazz the new car up a bit.....trust me, it will go like s...t off a stick when you do lol

Reactions: AudiNutta, Satory, MattSedg and 4 others
Your mileage may vary, as in you may have a different way of thinking.

Probably not the correct use of it thinking about it...so I'm actually the daft one :p

Haha well you've cleared it up anyway, TTFN :grinning:

Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
So I'm waiting on a reply to my email but the salesman is away and I copied in the sales manager but I get the impression she is going to leave it with him when he is back.

As for discounts on the RS3. I understand that as a previous customer they will give me a discount. How much I dont know but anything of the list price is worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68

Good decision mate, as I said several thousand posts ago, enjoy the Saloon when it comes for a few years then have proper mid-life crisis.....says another 54 year old

Reactions: Audi Bairn, PanamaS3 and Jassyo06
Mate.....don't feel like you're settling for a quiet life....trust me, when you map the car and do some other bits and bobs you will be very happy with it....the FL is an awesome car....the colour will be unique....the chicks are gonna love it....believe me!!!
Don't stress over the car anymore bud....you have bigger fish to fry....hope your parents are doing ok....keep the wife happy, happy wife happy life as they say....take care of the fam....have those holidays.....jazz the new car up a bit.....trust me, it will go like s...t off a stick when you do lol

Cheers pal....summed it up in a single post....Fighting the inevitable really... ie...."Age" and that's the real reason to be honest,now can somebody give jassy a link to some OEM Carbonara door mirror covers pretty please:cheerful:

and also @Sandra can l have a team Voodoo Blue Lego block for under my Don Johnson......lol ....make what you want from that metaphor.....lol

Reactions: pauly69, Satory, MattSedg and 4 others
Good decision mate, as I said several thousand posts ago, enjoy the Saloon when it comes for a few years then have proper mid-life crisis.....says another 54 year old

Will pm you mate as soon as l know when the cars due..to make arrangements....think oor @Simon L is coming mate...the bawbag sent me this from Dom Rep......
IMG 20170810 WA0000

Last edited:
Reactions: AudiNutta, Audi Bairn, Daveotto and 1 other person
Will pm you mate as soon as l know when the cars due..to make arrangements....think oor @Simon L is coming mate...the bawbag sent me this from Dom Rep......View attachment 133245

I would ask to join you when you collect as well, but my S5 will likely be sold by then (as soon as I can be ***** to post it up for sale), so I'm not driving to Whetstone in a cream Mini Cooper.....

Reactions: AudiNutta, MattSedg, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
I would ask to join you when you collect as well, but my S5 will likely be sold by then (as soon as I can be ***** to post it up for sale), so I'm not driving to Whetstone in a cream Mini Cooper.....

You are most welcome mate

Reactions: AudiNutta
@jassyo06 - WTF!

Just seen this thread and can't believe what I'm reading. Take it your now staying with the S3 order now?

@jassyo06 current state of play can be summed up by this

bcf.png

:friends:
@jassyo06 - WTF!

Just seen this thread and can't believe what I'm reading. Take it your now staying with the S3 order now?
Well given in, throwing in the towel, it is what it is, status quo..... Etc etc etc.... Lol
S3 in voodoo blue 110%, already putting arrangements into action with regards to collection day logistics and hopefully a wee Par.... tee.... the evening before, put my car up for sale come mid September.

Reactions: Rob2k68, MattSedg, Bristle Hound and 10 others
Well given in, throwing in the towel, it is what it is, status quo..... Etc etc etc.... Lol
S3 in voodoo blue 110%, already putting arrangements into action with regards to collection day logistics and hopefully a wee Par.... tee.... the evening before, put my car up for sale come mid September.

Sounds good & we can look forward to voodoo pup after all :sunglasses:

BUT .........

Are you sure lol :tonguewink:

Reactions: Rob2k68, PanamaS3, Bristle Hound and 6 others
That's not giving in, throwing in the towel Jassy. That is succumbing to fate :respekt:

Reactions: Jassyo06