RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Will the M2 be 4WD though or RWD?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
The new M3/M4 handles being RWD immensely, so as long as they can replicate that in the M2 then I think it'll be a case of how much it outperforms the rest of the competition by, not if.

Going back to the M240i... I had a good look at one in the flesh at my local dealer and, performance aside, it looks pretty odd to me. Each time I looked at it from a different angle I had to check I was still looking at the same motor cos it looked like three cars in one...

From the rear it looks strong and aggressive enough, from the side it looks a bit underweight and like the cabin is pushed too much towards the back of the car, and from the front it looks like a rental you get when you filter for cheapo cars costing up to 70 quid a day.

Reactions: Jassyo06
The new M3/M4 handles being RWD immensely, so as long as they can replicate that in the M2 then I think it'll be a case of how much it outperforms the rest of the competition by, not if.

Going back to the M240i... I had a good look at one in the flesh at my local dealer and, performance aside, it looks pretty odd to me. Each time I looked at it from a different angle I had to check I was still looking at the same motor cos it looked like three cars in one...

From the rear it looks strong and aggressive enough, from the side it looks a bit underweight and like the cabin is pushed too much towards the back of the car, and from the front it looks like a rental you get when you filter for cheapo cars costing up to 70 quid a day.
I’m a big fan of it. Always quite like bmw but this is the first time I’m seriously considering buying one. Saw one in Brooklyn grey with the black packs and I thought it looked lovely. The fact it’s so much cheaper and has a much nicer interior than the rs3 makes it a bit of a bargain

That is same car I saw on crewe audi , there is another same.color.on ebay

Reactions: Daggerit
Rs3 saloon looks classy Lairy in Java Green far nicer than Kyalami Green also the Vorsprung wheels look good at slow speed

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 3vans
I’m a big fan of it. Always quite like bmw but this is the first time I’m seriously considering buying one. Saw one in Brooklyn grey with the black packs and I thought it looked lovely. The fact it’s so much cheaper and has a much nicer interior than the rs3 makes it a bit of a bargain
So much cheaper £54k fully loaded plus it's more than enough an equal to the RS3 8Y in it's performance but with a nicer more configurable interior plus BMW have added the model to it's individual paint colour scheme

So much cheaper £54k fully loaded plus it's more than enough an equal to the RS3 8Y in it's performance but with a nicer more configurable interior plus BMW have added the model to it's individual paint colour scheme

Yeah, but I’m an Audi fanboy so won’t be swapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re not wrong about the more configurable interior, but with the choices being only black or brown I can’t imagine there will be a lot of people choosing brown in reality…

And I haven’t heard anyone complaining about the round steering wheel being the only available option for some reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Keano04, mb127 and 3vans
You’re not wrong about the more configurable interior, but with the choices being only black or brown I can’t imagine there will be a lot of people choosing brown in reality…

And I haven’t heard anyone complaining about the round steering wheel being the only available option for some reason.

I don't mind the cognac coloured leather besides the black leather has blue deviated stitching so it's lifts the interior some what,definitely a car l would like to test drive, as for the M2 ...it'll be shaper but also highly strung l found the M3/M4 to be too hard-core for a Daily-Driver

I don't mind the cognac coloured leather besides the black leather has blue deviated stitching so it's lifts the interior some what,definitely a car l would like to test drive, as for the M2 ...it'll be shaper but also highly strung l found the M3/M4 to be too hard-core for a Daily-Driver

True, but my point was that you only have two options. Same as the RS3. And in other markets there’s way more choice with the RS, we just get screwed here in the uk for some unknown reason.

True, but my point was that you only have two options. Same as the RS3. And in other markets there’s way more choice with the RS, we just get screwed here in the uk for some unknown reason.

That's why I aint keeping the RS3 when it arrives because of the black on black seats and the plastic stitching on the armrests it's identical to the armrests in my mums 4 year A1, l aint one for modifying a car especially the interior most don't mind the interior as did l when l ordered but l just couldn’t

I really dont understand what all the fuss is about the black/black/black/black interior, yes for those 3 seconds when you open the door and stick your bum on the seat it would be noticeable, for the rest of the journey not so much, I can honestly say ive not missed any red bits or stitching

Reactions: Keano04, hef, Stu-27 and 4 others
I really dont understand what all the fuss is about the black/black/black/black interior, yes for those 3 seconds when you open the door and stick your bum on the seat it would be noticeable, for the rest of the journey not so much, I can honestly say ive not missed any red bits or stitching
Like l said most won't bother much but it's a big issue for myself l have never had basic black on black in any of the Audi's l have had and one of the main reasons lve stayed with the brand as they've always given various interior leather colours and contrast stitching on most of their model's until now

Reactions: Mike.46
Like l said most won't bother much but it's a big issue for myself l have never had basic black on black in any of the Audi's l have had and one of the main reasons lve stayed with the brand as they've always given various interior leather colours and contrast stitching on most of their model's until now
Why did you order one then? You were dead against ordering one for the first few months then when all the good reviews came out you ordered?

The interior hasn't changed from the date the order books opened

Reactions: HulkRS3 and 3vans
Dont get me wrong, if there had been a 'tick for red stitching' box I think I would have ticked it, but i'm honestly not missing it.

I nearly ordered the red vents, but having lived with the silver/chrome one's I think they look better than the red ones, Matt Watson asked the same question, sales team wanted the red as they cost 'extra', design team said they looked tacky, I'm on the design team side now :)

I think just subtle red stitching would look nice but without the red vents and without the red flash on the edge of the seat back

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 3vans
Dont get me wrong, if there had been a 'tick for red stitching' box I think I would have ticked it, but i'm honestly not missing it.

I nearly ordered the red vents, but having lived with the silver/chrome one's I think they look better than the red ones, Matt Watson asked the same question, sales team wanted the red as they cost 'extra', design team said they looked tacky, I'm on the design team side now :)

I think just subtle red stitching would look nice but without the red vents and without the red flash on the edge of the seat back
Red vents looks 100% better then silver ;).but i still dont install.them haha

Why did you order one then? You were dead against ordering one for the first few months then when all the good reviews came out you ordered?

The interior hasn't changed from the date the order books opened
I thought l could live with it the ie black stitching black leather that was 7 months ago when l ordered 7 months give you real time to think things over and it's not just the RS3 8Y black interior that's dissapointing av sat in a few Porsche car's with black/black and fell underwhelmed/dissapointed....Maybe Audi will add the design pack sometime soon then I'll get one

So the ones currently in the car can’t be bugging you that much then…….

How do you access the 0-60 timer?

I’m in torque rear and can launch fine but couldn’t see it immediately.

I have the G meter on the left panel and assumed I could just roll up or down with thumb wheel to access it but can’t.

Reactions: kayemill
Red vents v Silver, one reply I picked up on

They would work great in a lancer evo or civic type r but not a luxury car like audi.

Reactions: Waq1 and abmat
How do you access the 0-60 timer?

I’m in torque rear and can launch fine but couldn’t see it immediately.

I have the G meter on the left panel and assumed I could just roll up or down with thumb wheel to access it but can’t.

If you press the button to the left of the thumb wheel and go down to Acceler. Measurement or something like that you'll find it.

Thanks to @8YARWY for telling me where to find it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyVWR, Wack0jack0 and 8YARWY
I passed a Kyalami saloon yesterday in the opposite direction, first 'other' one ive seen on the road

Has anyone had some road rage yet and slammed the horn to find it a bit (apologies in advance) girly.?

Reactions: Terminator x
Has anyone had some road rage yet and slammed the horn to find it a bit (apologies in advance) girly.?

Ha ha No road rage but I waited till I was in middle of nowhere with no traffic and tried it. I thought it sounded ok. I will have to try it again

I came home on A14 on Sunday. Just by a Bury St Edmunds saw a Kemora Grey Saloon going Eastbound about 3.45pm

I’ve seen two in London.

One was the Sales Managers car at Finchley Road Audi not sure if he’s sold it was a Kemora Vorsprung Sportback - another was a Kaylami Saloon not sure of model!

I see a couple on AT for sale now at £74 and £75k! Audi dealers too!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
Resurrecting the steering wheel debate. I saw a RS7 while at my dealers yesterday. That had adaptive cruise etc and had a flat bottom mfsw so I don’t know why the rs3 can’t. I asked the sales person but they had no idea.

Resurrecting the steering wheel debate. I saw a RS7 while at my dealers yesterday. That had adaptive cruise etc and had a flat bottom mfsw so I don’t know why the rs3 can’t. I asked the sales person but they had no idea.

I thought it was decided it’s because the new RS3 uses a a different method of making sure you’re holding the steering wheel than the RS6/7 models that have the flat bottomed wheels?

Reactions: garethdj
I thought it was decided it’s because the new RS3 uses a a different method of making sure you’re holding the steering wheel than the RS6/7 models that have the flat bottomed wheels?

Probably. Must have missed that.

I know what you mean…

Tested it and me and the mrs just turned to look each other then laughed.

It’s configurable no?
Have the carbon with flat bottom and you can pay for the rest Blume service to get adaptive cruise as well as a few other bits.

It’s configurable no?
Have the carbon with flat bottom and you can pay for the rest Blume service to get adaptive cruise as well as a few other bits.

Maybe, but I assume you wouldn’t be able to get the full lane assist/emergency assist which is what pushes the round wheel I believe. Could be wrong though!

few threads regarding this on the inter webs - which in summary suggest you can no longer order flat bottom steering as a result of related Audi allegedly switching to a different sensor system in the steering wheel which which works with the driver assistance systems but the with flat bottom stem wheel doesn’t have.

Instead of have to keeping moving the steering wheel to confirm that you control the car it will be enough to touch it and is supposedly more convenient.

Interestingly the FBSW has now been dropped on the S5 & RS 5 models but I’ve got one on mine with the same driver assistance systems

Reactions: RS03??? and Daggerit
The sensors in the RS3/S3 wheels are slightly different as well for lane assist.

On the S3 you had to have two pressure points on the wheel. The RS3 seems to need at least 3/4 pressure points on the wheel so they've changed something even between the same MY22 steering wheels.