Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben seems well connected with Audi being ex Audi and they recently were on an Audi press day so not beyond belief that they could have pulled some strings.

Also just because they’ve only posted the video doesn’t mean they ordered it on that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My son was a manager with Audi up to a month ago....he has been and back with for years with them...and it was time to jump ship...they are definitely up **** creek without a paddle evilGT have no pulling power with Audi UK....extremely low in the pecking order as far as getting a car long before everyone else on YouTube

Reactions: 8YARWY and Mr Freeze
A little Naive of you to be taken in somewhat by youtubers...Best to avoid car touting youtubers they'll post/upload anything just to get views
Plus did you expect a straight forward delivery of your car ....this chipgate has been going on since the start of 2021
Already stated I accept there's going to be a wait whatever it may be, what's ******* me off is people ordering the same spec as me and getting build dates and accepted orders.
get to the back of the f****** q, is what comes to mind!

Reactions: NevMan
Already stated I accept there's going to be a wait whatever it may be, what's ******* me off is people ordering the same spec as me and getting build dates and accepted orders.
get to the back of the f****** q, is what comes to mind!
Yet to see someone post a bona fide confirmed build date on here mate ie one on print

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Rs31981 and Snake Pliskin
Yet to see someone post a bona fide confirmed build date on here mate ie one on print
You don't get a document with a confirmed build date so good luck with that. As for Audi being up **** creek, BMW are in a worse state. They've suspended production of some of their models.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
You don't get a document with a confirmed build date so good luck with that. As for Audi being up **** creek, BMW are in a worse state. They've suspended production of some of their models.

Not so sure about that, havent read anywhere people waiting since Jan for a boggo 1 series or 3 series…3-5 months maybe. Some on this forum waiting since Jan/Feb for A3’s and no sight of build yet….mad

Ordered my JCW in 1st week of July, awaiting ship and will be with me w/c 4th Oct, so 3 months

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Not so sure about that, havent read anywhere people waiting since Jan for a boggo 1 series or 3 series…3-5 months maybe. Some on this forum waiting since Jan/Feb for A3’s and no sight of build yet….mad

Ordered my JCW in 1st week of July, awaiting ship and will be with me w/c 4th Oct, so 3 months
1 series and 128ti forums specifically people have been waiting 8 months+. Saw a post about production suspended temporarily.

Couple of comments pulled from there:

Code:
my dealer has been sent out a bulletin stating that all orders remain off production currently due to shortage of components.

Code:
I ordered the 2nd of March and I'm still waiting on mine.

Code:
Same here... Ordered 19th March... Now looking at feb delivery

Code:
So after waiting 3 months for my 128ti from Sytner I get an Email yesterday advising me it’s going to be another 5 months at least. That’s 8 months from placing the order due to semiconductor shortage.

Everyone's in the same boat.

Couple of comments pulled from there:

Code:
my dealer has been sent out a bulletin stating that all orders remain off production currently due to shortage of components.

Code:
I ordered the 2nd of March and I'm still waiting on mine.

Code:
Same here... Ordered 19th March... Now looking at feb delivery

Code:
So after waiting 3 months for my 128ti from Sytner I get an Email yesterday advising me it’s going to be another 5 months at least. That’s 8 months from placing the order due to semiconductor shortage.

Everyone's in the same boat.

I did say boggo, like the boggo A3’s. Not the M135i or M128ti. Agree on those like GTI’s, ClubSport, S3 etc.

I had enquired about a Clubsport and was told 30 weeks or something like that

Reactions: Jassyo06
Official Confirmation of a build date and official Confirmation of the car has been built
Look like this @S15THM ..........yawn...yawn.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-211717_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-211717_Chrome.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20210924-211807_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-211807_Chrome.jpg
    490.7 KB · Views: 81
I did say boggo, like the boggo A3’s. Not the M135i or M128ti. Agree on those like GTI’s, ClubSport, S3 etc.

I had enquired about a Clubsport and was told 30 weeks or something like that
My Clubsport with pan roof, dynamic pack, winter pack 9 months so far still not built

I was in my local BMW dealer just browsing to see what else is available and he told me it's been around 7 weeks since they last had a 1 series through

How have evilGT only just ordered and got a confirmed build 42 on a vorsprung,
I ordered on the first day the UK dealer configurator was up and running,
I was told then that vorsprung orders won't be accepted until September, and the only accepted orders in August would be launch models only 3 car's per dealer.

Vorsprung aren’t being built until wk48 so I would say s/he hasn’t got a confirmed build week of 42…

I also think that’ll get pushed back as launch edition cars are being delayed so they’ll make everything further down the line slip too.

Reactions: Rs31981
Vorsprung aren’t being built until wk48 so I would say s/he hasn’t got a confirmed build week of 42…

I also think that’ll get pushed back as launch edition cars are being delayed so they’ll make everything further down the line slip too.
Hi There, do you mind me asking where you are getting the build week of Vorsprung and delay of the launch car information from, because i'm getting SFA from my dealer :)

Last edited:
The wait times are scary… and unless you can find a stock car with a spec you can live with (getting even harder) then it’s a case of seeing how patient you can be!

Up until a couple of weeks ago I was an Audi customer (have been for the last decade!) but I’d decided to get a Merc this year. Ordered my car in March and luckily managed to collect it recently.

The car had been delayed lots of times and at the very end of my wait I’d actually done a deal on an RSQ3 Vorsprung which Leeds Audi could get me immediately. Not the car I ideally wanted but my S3 was 4.5 years old, high second hand value and in my eyes a non warranty liability!

Luckily it ended well, the Merc was built and I’m super happy.

When I asked about the RS3 I was told “end of year” but that seems a tad ambitious from what I’m reading.

Not been on Tapatalk for years until recently so catching up with some old posters from my early S3 days. Keep us updated and put some pics on when your car arrives

Last edited:
The wait times are scary… and unless you can find a stock car with a spec you can live with (getting even harder) then it’s a case of seeing how patient you can be!

Up until a couple of weeks ago I was an Audi customer (have been for the last decade!) but I’d decided to get a Merc this year. Ordered my car in March and luckily managed to collect it recently.

The car had been delayed lots of times and at the very end of my wait I’d actually done a deal on an RSQ3 Vorsprung which Leeds Audi could get me immediately. Not the car I ideally wanted but my S3 was 4.5 years old, high second hand value and in my eyes a non warranty liability!

Luckily it ended well, the Merc was built and I’m super happy.

When I asked about the RS3 I was told “end of year” but that seems a tad ambitious from what I’m reading.

Not been on Tapatalk for years until recently so catching up with some old posters from my early S3 days. Keep us updated and put some pics on when your car arrives

what Merc have you gone for ?

I went with a CLA 45s 4matic+ … which I’m absolutely loving!

Unfortunately I’m running her in and have been strict at not taking her past 4500rpm - 400 miles to go!

Unfortunately I’m running her in and have been strict at not taking her past 4500rpm - 400 miles to go!

Nice Pics please?

Update from my dealer (Coventry)
Carbon SB ordered 30/08
unfortunately no build date yet.

They have been told by Audi UK they have a Launch Edition as a demo. They have also been told that they can’t sell it straight away. That car had a build week 36 (6 Sep). That is also delayed and not been build yet.

He also said, they had a meeting with Audi UK this week. There are over 6000 UK vehicles built but waiting semiconductor parts to be completed.

It’s clearly going to be a game of patience

Reactions: 3vans, Snake Pliskin, NevMan and 1 other person
Update from my dealer (Coventry)
Carbon SB ordered 30/08
unfortunately no build date yet.

They have been told by Audi UK they have a Launch Edition as a demo. They have also been told that they can’t sell it straight away. That car had a build week 36 (6 Sep). That is also delayed and not been build yet.

He also said, they had a meeting with Audi UK this week. There are over 6000 UK vehicles built but waiting semiconductor parts to be completed.

It’s clearly going to be a game of patience

I absolutely feel for you all and I see no end in sight.

My car was probably lucky and I was told it was the first CLA 45s that had come into the UK since the March registrations.

The only disappointment for me was that it is missing a couple of features.

Later builds I’m hearing are being stripped of far more with relatively basic features like wireless charging being removed!

Reactions: LuckyLee

very nice.
I’ve had a 45s since March last year.
Like you I’d had audis for many years.
I’ve enjoyed the Merc but I miss the soundtrack from my RS3.
The 45s is insanely quick, built well, looks fantastic inside & out & the tech is superb .. but Ive just not gelled with it long term like my Audi’s.
The biggest negative is the mute soundtrack.
It sounds quite good above 4,000 rpm but at low revs & idle it’s like a 1 litre fiesta ... so back to a 5 pot for me ... at some point :)

Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and SILVAF0XX
Hi There, do you mind me asking where you are getting the build week of Vorsprung and delay of the launch car information from, because i'm getting SFA from my dealer :)

Both from my dealer although the wk48 part was a dealer notification provided by Audi to dealers as below.

I have a launch edition coming and it was supposed to be built wk37 and it hasn’t started yet… so mine and at least one other I know of has been delayed. I understand it will be multiple week delays but I’m hoping not multiple months as it is looking for some

7d61c96864bf50cfa138d3cbe4d0bb96.jpg

Reactions: johnmv55
very nice.
I’ve had a 45s since March last year.
Like you I’d had audis for many years.
I’ve enjoyed the Merc but I miss the soundtrack from my RS3.
The 45s is insanely quick, built well, looks fantastic inside & out & the tech is superb .. but Ive just not gelled with it long term like my Audi’s.
The biggest negative is the mute soundtrack.
It sounds quite good above 4,000 rpm but at low revs & idle it’s like a 1 litre fiesta ... so back to a 5 pot for me ... at some point :)

I was sorely tempted by the RS3 but the wait time just wasn’t something I could accommodate.

I found my S3 a great car and even after 54,000 spirited miles not a squeak or rattle so no complaints.

My wife chopped in her Q3 earlier this year and ended up getting an A35 AMG for cheaper than an A1 that we were looking at - not even the top 200bhp one as they’d pulled production at the time we were ordering. The Merc was a no brainer and gave me a good chance to sample the brand.

I have to say in terms of look of the interior I think the Merc is better than the Audi, but not so sure on build quality yet. Time will tell but I’ve had the odd rattle whereas my S3 just seemed bulletproof from the first mile.

The S3 was fast point to point and I think fast enough for anybody whilst still being useable… I’ve yet to push on in this new car and learn it’s behaviour, but it feels significantly more engaging than the Audi… it’s not even close.

I would have totally gone RS3 saloon if I’d stuck with Audi and can’t wait to see some of your pics when you take delivery… eventually

Hard to deny the attraction of the 2.5ltr 5cyl beast in the cars you’re getting

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Should defo rename this Thread "RS3 speculation/petulant impatient owners thread...lol it's only a car guys ....everybody is in the same situ.....spoke with my son the other night even the hob nobs are being quoted Summer delivery for their Porkers.....ergo.....

Reactions: NevMan, 8YARWY and SILVAF0XX
Should defo rename this Thread "RS3 speculation/petulant impatient owners thread...lol it's only a car guys ....everybody is in the same situ.....spoke with my son the other night even the hob nobs are being quoted Summer delivery for their Porkers.....ergo.....

Such a pointless thread.

Almost like the crazy people that used to camp outside Apple stores to be the ‘first’

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Such a pointless thread.

Almost like the crazy people that used to camp outside Apple stores to be the ‘first’

I think that's a little unfair TBH, I dont really mind when mine appears within reason, whether it's week 48 this year or week 20 odd next year, March-May would be my prefered time frame, I would just like a rough estimate that's all

And of course if you think this is a pointless thread you could always just ignore it :)

Reactions: 3vans, garethdj and 8YARWY
I think that's a little unfair TBH, I dont really mind when mine appears within reason, whether it's week 48 this year or week 20 odd next year, March-May would be my prefered time frame, I would just like a rough estimate that's all

And of course if you think this is a pointless thread you could always just ignore it :)

Seems to be a lot of people getting agitated because of the current global situation affecting everyone in one way or another.

Apologies for my candour if it upset you.

Mine was the first order in by my Dealer & car was due to start build wc 30th Oct 21 now it’s end May 21 so I’m working on July 22 for delivery ... unless by some miracle it comes forward.

so if you want a guide to delivery I’d say July - Sept 22 as things stand.

I’ve ended up jumping ship and I placed an order for a gen 3 macan GTS a month ago. I rang almost every dealer to get a April build with May delivery. A lot of the dealers were quoting 2023. World gone mad. My local Audi dealer didn’t seem interested in selling me an RS3, I contacted a dealership 30 miles away about 2 rsq3’s brand new in stock but never got any call backs. Shame as I’ve driven Audis for 10 years. Porsche have been very impressive so far, gave me a gts (gen 2 however so only 380bhp not the new 440bhp Gen 3 version as they’re not in the Uk until Xmas) for 2 hours.

Still excited about seeing the new rs3’s get delivered and start appearing on Carwow drag races

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and SILVAF0XX
I’ve ended up jumping ship and I placed an order for a gen 3 macan GTS a month ago. I rang almost every dealer to get a April build with May delivery. A lot of the dealers were quoting 2023. World gone mad. My local Audi dealer didn’t seem interested in selling me an RS3, I contacted a dealership 30 miles away about 2 rsq3’s brand new in stock but never got any call backs. Shame as I’ve driven Audis for 10 years. Porsche have been very impressive so far, gave me a gts (gen 2 however so only 380bhp not the new 440bhp Gen 3 version as they’re not in the Uk until Xmas) for 2 hours.

Still excited about seeing the new rs3’s get delivered and start appearing on Carwow drag races

Audi made no attempt to keep the custom of either me or my wife as our PCP’s came to an end. I was quite shocked to be honest and it was another reason(if only small) we moved over to Mercedes

… like you though I’ll look forward to peoples pics of the cars as they pick them up

Colleague wanted to order a 992 Carrera. Quoted June next year. In reality, no one really knows and we’re all just guessing.
The semi conductor companies are, rightfully in my opinion, punishing the car companies for cancelling orders and leaving them in the lurch as soon as Covid hit. Now they are prioritising everyone else who are more reliable, over the car manufacturers.

I was super excited to get my order down on an RS3. Had a deposit down for many months before the announcement. After the terrible mandatory specs and guessing game over delivery I have cancelled it. I’ll wait to see what happens and also see some cars in the flesh (not convinced on the front end!) before deciding what to do.

• Sad
Reactions: 3vans, Jassyo06, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Colleague wanted to order a 992 Carrera. Quoted June next year. In reality, no one really knows and we’re all just guessing.
The semi conductor companies are, rightfully in my opinion, punishing the car companies for cancelling orders and leaving them in the lurch as soon as Covid hit. Now they are prioritising everyone else who are more reliable, over the car manufacturers.

I was super excited to get my order down on an RS3. Had a deposit down for many months before the announcement. After the terrible mandatory specs and guessing game over delivery I have cancelled it. I’ll wait to see what happens and also see some cars in the flesh (not convinced on the front end!) before deciding what to do.
I’m not sure how true this is but the Sales manager told me Porsche have the priority to the chips in the vag group. His reasoning was that the group would rather sell a 100k Porsche than a £16k polo so they make more money selling the higher margin cars. Following the forums it does seem cars are coming through quite quickly now

Totally agree with the terrible mandatory specs its the reason I have held back from ordering its a lot of money to pay for a spec your not 100% happy with .

I’m not sure how true this is but the Sales manager told me Porsche have the priority to the chips in the vag group. His reasoning was that the group would rather sell a 100k Porsche than a £16k polo so they make more money selling the higher margin cars. Following the forums it does seem cars are coming through quite quickly now
That’s definitely feasible.

Kaylami green saloon ordered! Dealer was able to give me a confirmed build week straight off the bat, week 49.

• Wow
Reactions: 3vans
Status
Not open for further replies.