Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered 7 weeks ago and my latest update was that the factory still have not accepted the order so no build week assigned…
I would call the dealer to ask for an update as I did, as mentioned apparently they will start building them week 47 :)

Reactions: Jcbmally
Carry on, they won’t miss your order. The cars sell themselves.

The cars at Launch are always in European spec, this is common knowledge and always have different equipment, trims etc. No flat bottom on Vorsprung due to sensors in the wheel for certain equipment Vorsprung has.

Quite sure they could put them in a flat bottom wheel but may be wrong so I do agree on that.
just voicing my opinion mate of course they won't miss my order pocket change to them literally, RSQ3 RS6 RSQ8 the vorsprung variants have flat bottom steering wheels

Reactions: Jcbmally and Mr Freeze
just voicing my opinion mate of course they won't miss my order pocket change to them literally, RSQ3 RS6 RSQ8 the vorsprung variants have flat bottom steering wheels
It is crap to be honest but it is what it is and has been the case from the orders opened for us. My spec is my perfect spec - of course I'd have liked all the extra equipment Vorsprung gave but I'm more than happy with my spec choice/order. I would have put on the interior pack if it was avail though.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
My spec on the Golf R was Performance Pack/DCC/Akra exhaust/Reverse camera/Harmon Kardon/Pan roof/Winter pack, comes in a little over £48k and £41500 after their discount, thats £17k less than I negotitaed on an RS3 Vorsprung............................Is the 5cyl sound, a nicer interior, and (to put the performance into perspective) only 15 seconds a lap quicker around the Nurburgring worth £17K?

In short- yes. At least that’s what I’m saying to myself…

Everyone is doing a 4 pot awd hatch that’s sounds crap but is pretty quick - it’s hard to find character in cars these days and I’m putting my money where my mouth is and backing the 5pot rs3.

Let’s hope I don’t regret my decision - if I do, does anyone fancy a mythos launch edition saloon for Xmas?!

Caveat - despite the above I am also looking to get the 8R but in estate form when it’s released

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, johnmv55 and Jcbmally
not had the best day so come on for what I hoped would be a nice distraction - certainly don’t want that & usually I can let remarks go over my head, just not the day for it & felt a step too far. Hopefully peace & tranquility can return & tomorrow’s a new day.
Yup mate, ups and downs and like you say tomorrow’s another day.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and NevMan

Everyone is doing a 4 pot awd hatch that’s sounds crap but is pretty quick - it’s hard to find character in cars these days and I’m putting my money where my mouth is and backing the 5pot rs3.

Let’s hope I don’t regret my decision - if I do, does anyone fancy a mythos launch edition saloon for Xmas?!

Caveat - despite the above I am also looking to get the 8R but in estate form when it’s released
M3 estate coming soon ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jcbmally and Keano04
M3 estate coming soon ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Any idea when? Have been keeping an eye out for that too it stopped looking of late… although it would be a harder sell that it would be for the mrs

Reactions: Terminator x and Jcbmally
although it would be a harder sell that it would be for the mrs
Just go for it and ask for forgiveness, easier than permission buddy. :whistle2: :thumbs up:

Reactions: Terminator x

Now that will be a handy comparison on a lot of areas between the cars for us all.

Any idea when? Have been keeping an eye out for that too it stopped looking of late… although it would be a harder sell that it would be for the mrs
It's scheduled to start production November next year so expect an announcement a couple of months or so before that.

Reactions: Keano04
Did anyone else the a sorry but your order might be slightly delayed email or something similar?

This was the text;

Your order has been received but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated.

You may have heard about the global shortage of semiconductor chips. This is a problem affecting multiple industries, including car manufacturers.

We’re sorry to say this means your order may be delayed. Please be reassured we’re doing everything we can to complete your order as quickly as possible.

We’ll notify you by e-mail when your car is ready to leave the factory, and your Audi Centre will then be in touch to let you know when it’s due to arrive with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Adam28
Did anyone else the a sorry but your order might be slightly delayed email or something similar?

This was the text;

Your order has been received but it might take a little longer to be built than previously anticipated.

You may have heard about the global shortage of semiconductor chips. This is a problem affecting multiple industries, including car manufacturers.

We’re sorry to say this means your order may be delayed. Please be reassured we’re doing everything we can to complete your order as quickly as possible.

We’ll notify you by e-mail when your car is ready to leave the factory, and your Audi Centre will then be in touch to let you know when it’s due to arrive with them.

HI Mate,

when did you place an order ? Sportback or saloon ? reason I ask is because I got a call last week asking me what I wanted to do apparently production has been delayed to week 47 now also know a chap who placed an order in August his order was supposed to be delivered late Nov/Early Dec now being told his got a build week for Jan 2022

I’m a Sportback Vorsprung I’m now getting an estimated date of around Feb/March 2022 lol

I think you need to calm down & enjoy your holiday.

what is ‘your’ issue with money ... you have no idea how hard I work to earn money & what I choose to spend it on is my concern so I take offence at that comment.

pi$$ off attacking viewpoint on cars. hardly the voice of reason chopping in your TTS so soon.

If you don’t like my opinion then stick me on ignore as I’m quite offended & thought you were better than that.
I enjoyed my holiday Glen back home now thanks sorry if l wound you up too far it wasn't meant to offend .....and l don't need to put you on any list...my TTS is being sold because of silly prices in the used car market nowt...else

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
yrah I’m not happy ... that was more than just “lol” remarks !
Again it wasn't just "lol" remarks...l was actually joking ok maybe l went a tintsy winsy bit far ...with slagging Stuttgart ....smiley xxx

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
Just a bit of banter, it makes a forum fun, I've been a member of the plastering forum for years it's like a seen in a rough pub every night, there's regular forum meetups to punch it out lol

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06

This was the text;

I've not had this but I'm expecting an update in the next few days as my originally quoted, but not confirmed, bw is approaching (week 43).

No Monday morning update of any significance.

Still built but not completed and awaiting “chips”
Or parts of some sort. No idea of timeframes for delivery for the parts they are waiting on to complete the car.

This was the text;

I got that on Sep 22nd. Mine is a carbon black C&S sport back in Kyalami green.

Thought it was a good sign as I seen it as confirmation my build week of 47 had been accepted by the factory.

I’m just hoping it takes less than the 8 months I waited for my current pfl.

Edit: this was the wording from my text.

Your order is booked in to build. We are sorry but due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips, it may take longer than normal. Your Audi Centre will be in touch to update you further. Thank you for your patience. Audi UK.

This was the text;

These are extracts from the (I presume) pre written reply that Audi sent me
Unfortunately I will have to ask for your patience for the delivery of your new AUDI. In all likelihood, we will not be able to meet our usual delivery times for orders that we provide to your AUDI Centre.
Unfortunately, it is likely to be some time before your AUDI Centre is able to confirm the final production and delivery date to you

So in other words Audi have taken the time and trouble to reply and tell me absolutely sweet FA, I'll post what they say when I also tell them that :)

No Monday morning update of any significance.

Still built but not completed and awaiting “chips”
Or parts of some sort. No idea of timeframes for delivery for the parts they are waiting on to complete the car.
This update from the dealer mate?

I have just heard a 'rumour' or maybe the truth? that the company that builds the Pan roofs for Audi has in fact gone bust during the pandemic and anything Audi (and I guess VW as well) with a sun roof is at least 12-18 months away, anyone else heard similar?

Audi chat. I am awaiting a call back from my dealer as no one answered the phone when I called earlier… just rang and rang…
Just read this bit on the Configurator

Please be assured we are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible, and to keep you up to date with what’s happening

I have just heard a 'rumour' or maybe the truth? that the company that builds the Pan roofs for Audi has in fact gone bust during the pandemic and anything Audi (and I guess VW as well) with a sun roof is at least 12-18 months away, anyone else heard similar?

Where was that from?

Google doesn’t show anything to indicate that to be true…?

Reactions: johnmv55
Yes my agent told me this weeks ago he said he wouldn't like to hazard a guess on the vorsprung over the pan roof

Reactions: johnmv55
Audi chat. I am awaiting a call back from my dealer as no one answered the phone when I called earlier… just rang and rang…
oh really.... they won't give me an answer, saying their system is showing our of date status codes and that they are trying to get it fixed - might get onto the dealer

What brookers have people used? I'm looking to get the best deal I can

I don't know, unless they've removed the pan roofs from the Launch Edition cars that the dealers seem to think will be arriving within a month as well? The only issues I've heard about the pan roofs have been related to a lack of chips for their control rather than the physical roofs themselves.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and johnmv55
Where was that from?

Google doesn’t show anything to indicate that to be true…?
From an Audi dealer I phoned with regard to the spec of an RS4 they have in, he said some RS models being offered with carbon roof insead of Pan Roof, that would be sweet on an RS3 :)

I also did the Google search and didnt find any truth in it either

Reactions: Keano04
I don't know, unless they've removed the pan roofs from the Launch Edition cars that the dealers seem to think will be arriving within a month as well? The only issues I've heard about the pan roofs have been related to a lack of chips for their control rather than the physical roofs themselves.

Yeah that’s what I heard… and was expecting.

Only change in spec I’ve been told of for the LE is loss of the phone box lite. Nothing mentioned on the pano roof.

Reactions: NevMan, johnmv55 and Daggerit
From an Audi dealer I phoned with regard to the spec of an RS4 they have in, he said some RS models being offered with carbon roof insead of Pan Roof, that would be sweet on an RS3 :)

I also did the Google search and didnt find any truth in it either

Interesting. I am waiting for my dealer to ring me back to confirm build spec vs what was expected so will feedback when I know more.

Carbon roof would be cool but I would rather pano on mine to let in more noise

Reactions: 3vans and NevMan
Just changed my colour, and was informed I've moved from week 3 /2022 to week 51/ 2021

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
Just changed my colour, and was informed I've moved from week 3 /2022 to week 51/ 2021
What did you change from/to mate ?

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
Masters in deflection tactics
Screenshot 20211011 123213 Twitter

Reactions: NevMan
Yeah that’s what I heard… and was expecting.

Only change in spec I’ve been told of for the LE is loss of the phone box lite. Nothing mentioned on the pano roof.
Just contacted my dealer and listened to their opinion, they have just received two cars with Pan Roofs and knew nothing about them being deleted and replaced with a steel roof, They said any Audi with a Pan Roof wouldn’t be available to order if the roofs were no longer being made, their demo car supposedly week 37 hasn’t started its build yet

On the Golf R my dealer says VW are saying 40+ weeks, at least thats slightly better than Audi's ducking and diving about avoiding the issue like a Politician

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
Just contacted my dealer and listened to their opinion, they have just received two cars with Pan Roofs and knew nothing about them being deleted and replaced with a steel roof, They said any Audi with a Pan Roof wouldn’t be available to order if the roofs were no longer being made, their demo car supposedly week 37 hasn’t started its build yet

On the Golf R my dealer says VW are saying 40+ weeks, at least thats slightly better than Audi's ducking and diving about avoiding the issue like a Politician

Mine was a week 37 build too. It’s built but not completed…

Did the cars your dealer receive have pano roofs fitted then?

It would be odd if customer cars arrived quicker than the demos - with LE cars all having pano, there may be some base/carbon cars arrive sooner than those if it’s the pano holding things up…

Reactions: johnmv55, Jcbmally and NevMan
I've not had this but I'm expecting an update in the next few days as my originally quoted, but not confirmed, bw is approaching (week 43).
To update on this, bw 43 now pushed back to bw 47, but not status 20 yet.

MY CAR IS BUILT AND LEFT THE FACTORY wooooooooo delivery end of the month, start of next

Reactions: RS03???, garethdj, AndyVWR and 14 others
Status
Not open for further replies.