What have you done to your 8V today?

Ha that's gonna be a LONG journey on the way back there to pick up your shiny beast later this week :D

Haha mum is driving me up to get it:yahoo:

Just be glad to get some sleep today, up at 05:30 and I start nights tonight - awesome!

Reactions: Rob2k68

Just be glad to get some sleep today, up at 05:30 and I start nights tonight - awesome!
Good mum :D

Ha wow!! Hopefully it's a quiet night lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Put air in the rear left tyre twice!
Pressure warning light came on going to work this morning. Looks like a slow puncture as it had dropped 5psi by lunch time. Couldn't see a nail or anything so will need to have a better look when I get home tonight.
Grrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pressure warning light came on going to work this morning. Looks like a slow puncture as it had dropped 5psi by lunch time. Couldn't see a nail or anything so will need to have a better look when I get home tonight.
Grrrrr

Have the same thing. Rear left deflates from 35 to 27 psi over the course of week or so if left standing, can't see anything in the tyre though...

On the plus side, I just washed the car for the first time in about a fortnight. All is shiny again.

Reactions: BarryG79, Tom.H and Rob2k68
Have the same thing. Rear left deflates from 35 to 27 psi over the course of week or so if left standing, can't see anything in the tyre though...

On the plus side, I just washed the car for the first time in about a fortnight. All is shiny again.

Had been parked up more or less since Thursday, probably done less than 10 miles over holiday wkend. 5mins from house today and the warning goes off, was down to 23psi.

Grrrrr

a17ab83596aa8df9879391866ec60111.jpg

At least it should be repairable.

Reactions: Tom.H and Rob2k68
"And the award for most pointless location for a logo goes to..."

Possibly the daftest place for logo I've seen barring the one on a Belstaff jacket I have which is inside the pocket...

Still, as you say, it's in a repairable location, so there shouldn't be to much further drama.

Reactions: Pook, BarryG79, Tom.H and 2 others
"And the award for most pointless location for a logo goes to..."

Possibly the daftest place for logo I've seen barring the one on a Belstaff jacket I have which is inside the pocket...

Still, as you say, it's in a repairable location, so there shouldn't be to much further drama.

LoL good in the snow though !

Reactions: BarryG79 and azibux1
LoL good in the snow though !

Yep, you'll have all the crop circle mentalists speculating about where the alien race that calls itself "xxaMtropS polnuD" comes from...

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyB-S3, azibux1, BarryG79 and 2 others
Yep, you'll have all the top circle mentalists speculating about where the alien race that calls itself "xxaMtropS polnuD" comes from...

LoL I knew you'd pick up on that bit like the ecnalubma vans !!

Reactions: GSB
LoL I knew you'd pick up on that bit like the ecnalubma vans !!
Of course, they might just think it's a an advertising gimmick like someone leaving a trail leading to a new Polish deli...

Reactions: Mark_86 and Rob2k68

Saw a mention of calipers Tom...You getting him to paint them red for you?

Just installed a nice new set of Michelin PS4S in 235 35 19 on a set of 19 Niche Essens.
More pics later.....
IMG 9104IMG 9105 IMG 9107

Reactions: jungle650, BodegaBay, Schizophonic and 4 others
Saw a mention of calipers Tom...You getting him to paint them red for you?

Haha nah, they'll just be getting sealed which should mean nice and easy to clean :grinning:

Reactions: azibux1 and Rob2k68
These just showed up at the door :) No clue whatsoever right now on how to run the wirings LOL

IMG 2543

Reactions: Tom.H, Mark_86 and Rob2k68
Would rather not have! But I joined @BarryG79's club this morning!

18051779 10213388699091495 1364801233 n

Reactions: BarryG79 and robps3
Would rather not have! But I joined @BarryG79's club this morning!

View attachment 123088

Actually sitting is Fit Kwik just now waiting on it to get looked at. Wouldn't normally use them but it's through the lease company so unless I want to pay for it I've no choice.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
Actually sitting is Fit Kwik just now waiting on it to get looked at. Wouldn't normally use them but it's through the lease company so unless I want to pay for it I've no choice.

Got mine done at a local guy/friend we always use, a smidge under £20

Not bad

Reactions: BarryG79 and Rob2k68
Not mine, but yeah, they're showing up everywhere already... These are my vendors own retrofit...

IMG 2571
IMG 2572

Reactions: AL_B, RickyB, robps3 and 4 others
Picked this lil gem up for under £50 ... can't wait to do the install! @DJAlix will be needed ️
e08d70f04ad4264e358f0d729fa8789e.jpg

Reactions: SevenW, tele2050, MattSedg and 1 other person
Aftermarket Puddle lights installed...

218c67ca799feab974f4aba2209203b5.jpg

Boot liner fitted...
a965ea2a05ba4a3829c33ad5f09b5fcd.jpg

Reactions: Wood_Duck, Rob2k68, robps3 and 1 other person
Aftermarket Puddle lights installed...

218c67ca799feab974f4aba2209203b5.jpg

Boot liner fitted...
a965ea2a05ba4a3829c33ad5f09b5fcd.jpg

Boot liner looks good. And a bit jealous that it fits whilst in the lowest position. The official Audi one doesn't fit like that, only when false floor is up which i hate as it limits space. might hack it up to get it to fit!

Boot liner looks good. And a bit jealous that it fits whilst in the lowest position. The official Audi one doesn't fit like that, only when false floor is up which i hate as it limits space. might hack it up to get it to fit!

Yeah that's the reason I didn't go for the Audi one. This one doesn't fit in well when in the higher position but figured I would have it in the lower position 99% of the time.

Think it was only £16 from eBay too which helps

Reactions: Ormesome
I want them... do you know where? OEM or aftermarket?

OEM, came with paint, I guess they're factory rejects... Mercedes used to have a subsidiary in Germany selling factory surplus or rejected parts, they grade them and usually are just very very minor imperfections, used to get all my AMG parts from them cheap LOL They're long closed down now I guess MB just didn't think it was worth it to the brand. Wonder if Audi is doing something like this...

Reactions: Mark_86 and Rob2k68
Yeah that's the reason I didn't go for the Audi one. This one doesn't fit in well when in the higher position but figured I would have it in the lower position 99% of the time.

Think it was only £16 from eBay too which helps

Have you left the false floor bit in? I'm wondering if i take mine out fully, if the boot liner will then fit.

@pastey Can I ask where you got your boot liner from? I have 2 dachshund puppies coming soon, and that looks ideal.

cars going in for a wagner intercooler and milltek decat tommorow to along with my milltek non res catback, cts inlet elbow, and intergrated engineering carbon intake and intake pipe. allready got the brakes sorted too and booked in for mapping at mrc tuning on the 20th may........excited!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170416_085825_746.jpg
    IMG_20170416_085825_746.jpg
    429.3 KB · Views: 239
Reactions: AndyB-S3, PanamaS3, michael pash and 4 others
Have you left the false floor bit in? I'm wondering if i take mine out fully, if the boot liner will then fit.

Yes mate false floor is still in on the lower setting as it gives protection to the spare wheel (with sub In )

installed the forge induction kit tt intake pipe and jb4 box :D

Reactions: pburv, robps3, BodegaBay and 5 others
Treated it to a fair few quids worth of cleaning products!

Reactions: azibux1, Pook, pburv and 3 others
installed Bilstein B8 shocks, Eibach sportline springs, SuperPro front end links, 034 front strut mounts and bearings....and still I have the annoying knock/clunk everytime I go over small bumps at slower speeds....

Reactions: SevenW, Rob2k68, pburv and 1 other person
Decides to spray my calipers black...........
IMG 0777 Before Spraying................

IMG 9345 After Spraying

And Finally with the wheel back on..........

IMG 3128 Hahahahahahaha only kidding I wish!!!!!!

Reactions: PanamaS3 and A3_Portugal
How is everyone? Not been on for a while but was back on looking for info on Brake Discs. Think mine are warped, getting a bit of a shudder when braking heavy ish. :( only done 24k miles too..

Reactions: PanamaS3 and Rob2k68
How is everyone? Not been on for a while but was back on looking for info on Brake Discs. Think mine are warped, getting a bit of a shudder when braking heavy ish. :( only done 24k miles too..
Under warranty? A family member had new disks and pads I believe all round on a Jaguar when he had similar symptoms.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and AndyB-S3

Get the GTI Clubsport rotors, decently priced, direct swap and floating rotor! On another note, it's somewhat difficult to wrap a disc, your shudder could due to rust spot, might be worth it to physically check for rust spot, and maybe a few high speed heavy braking to get them off if that's the case...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and AndyB-S3