Tracking our new RS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely mate, I learnt a long time ago I’m number 5 in the household behind wife, daughter, 3 x dogs ***.
But when the wife goes out and daughter is at school I tell the dogs to feck off and I get the remote control. :thumbs up:
Edit: no wonder I’m number 5, can’t even count how many dogs I’ve got, 2 not 3 lol
At least you know where you stand mate :laughing: Thats making me think now where do I stand in line with my wife son daughter
and the dog :confused: :laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Jcbmally
At least you know where you stand mate :laughing: Thats making me think now where do I stand in line with my wife son daughter
and the dog :confused: :laughing:
Yeah she will tell you “we are one team” then chuckle when you walk off, or in extreme cases she will be blunt and inform you of your pecking order :shutup2::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Jassyo06 and Mr Freeze
The 8y has split opinion across the board since its launch us old Audi fanboys were/still are dissapointed to an extent but it is what it is as they say
New/to be Audi owners have a far more positive approach to the 8Y
it's clear to see this it on this forum/threads the Rs3 is the only variant I'd have as l wouldn't/didn't even consider the S3 8y which is a very poor replacement for the 8v S3
As a matter of interest why do you consider the S3 8y a very poor replacement for the 8v S3 ?

I had the RS3 8v & the 8v FL.
I’m currently in a S3 8y and it’s superior to the RS3’s in many ways apart from the 5 pot engine.
Better tech
Better alloys
Better seats
Better steering wheel
Better headlights
Better interior touches ie trim & ambient lighting.

Yeah she will tell you “we are one team” then chuckle when you walk off, or in extreme cases she will be blunt and inform you of your pecking order :shutup2::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Never truer words said mate and Avril knows she's 2nd in my pecking order my wee mum and Jordan....are joint 1st lol
Seems l have a glitch in my order of the RS3 of which l find rather offensive after having 3 Audi's in a row Audi finance have decided in their wisdom to ask for a affordability check lol yip can't believe it neither can the salesman they want my last 3 bank statements and copy of driver's license...dreadful and insulting given the Audi tts cost more a month by £70 l have never come across this situation before buying a car nor that matter anything else

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: Jcbmally and Snake Pliskin
Never truer words said mate and Avril knows she's 2nd in my pecking order my wee mum and Jordan....are joint 1st lol
Seems l have a glitch in my order of the RS3 of which l find rather offensive after having 3 Audi's in a row Audi finance have decided in their wisdom to ask for a affordability check lol yip can't believe it neither can the salesman they want my last 3 bank statements and copy of driver's license...dreadful and insulting given the Audi tts cost more a month by £70 l have never come across this situation before buying a car nor that matter anything else
My salesman mentioned this was being done in a random fashion, more as an audit on the dealership, as a few of the 'auto' and 'manual' approvals they had done had resulted in non payment/default recently.

Definitely don't take it personally.

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Jassyo06
As a matter of interest why do you consider the S3 8y a very poor replacement for the 8v S3 ?

I had the RS3 8v & the 8v FL.
I’m currently in a S3 8y and it’s superior to the RS3’s in many ways apart from the 5 pot engine.
Better tech
Better alloys
Better seats
Better steering wheel
Better headlights
Better interior touches ie trim & ambient lighting.
My S3 Saloon was fully loaded ...67 plate it pop n banged on demand it sounds far better than the 8y build materials are better in the 8v ...the 8y has the 8v steering wheel l aint interested in technology per say
The rhombus seat stitching is too much etc etc you could specify the options more in the 8y

Attachments

• 20200830_174149.jpg
    20200830_174149.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20200712_192256.jpg
    20200712_192256.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally

that is insulting what the hell are they playing at cheeky ********

Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Jcbmally
My S3 Saloon was fully loaded ...67 plate it pop n banged on demand it sounds far better than the 8y build materials are better in the 8v ...the 8y has the 8v steering wheel l aint interested in technology per say
The rhombus seat stitching is too much etc etc you could specify the options more in the 8y
With you on the pops & bangs at will, the 2015 RS3 was mental. Unfortunately due to the party poopers those days are gone.
Not a fan of fluffy steering wheel in the RS3’s as after time they went hard & looked a mess. Much prefer the leather one in the S3.
Had issues with the SS seats in both RS3’s with the side bolsters looking awful after a few months. The S3 is 7 months old and the side bolsters still look like new.
As discussed in this feed I think the limited options for the UK market is here for the long run unfortunately.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Jcbmally
My S3 8Y pops and bangs on demand and they are far louder and deeper than my 8V ever was. They are actually bangs and pops as opposed to the 8V sounding like farts in a muffled can. Both with res deletes and valves open permanently. Only thing it doesn't do is do it at a stand still or idle when at temperature.

Fairly certain the RS3 8Y will have a mild pop and bang map on it.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jcbmally and LuckyLee
I also think it may be just a random audit but I’d still be a bit miffed. Hopefully it is and the dealer looks after you.

Reactions: NevMan
I’m not allowed a pecking order but for some reason I’m in one, go figure lol :whistle2: :haudrauf::tearsofjoy:

With you on the pops & bangs at will, the 2015 RS3 was mental. Unfortunately due to the party poopers those days are gone.
Not a fan of fluffy steering wheel in the RS3’s as after time they went hard & looked a mess. Much prefer the leather one in the S3.
Had issues with the SS seats in both RS3’s with the side bolsters looking awful after a few months. The S3 is 7 months old and the side bolsters still look like new.
As discussed in this feed I think the limited options for the UK market is here for the long run unfortunately.
With you on the side bolster on the ss seats mine squeak and creek like an old rocking chair . My S3 is in for its 2nd service on the 18th of October and they are looking to fix the drivers seat again for the 9th time yes 9th time I have spoke to the head of business and told him I want a new seat as its beyond a joke next step is to speak to Jardine motors head office .

Reactions: NevMan, LuckyLee and 8YARWY
My S3 8Y pops and bangs on demand and they are far louder and deeper than my 8V ever was. They are actually bangs and pops as opposed to the 8V sounding like farts in a muffled can. Both with res deletes and valves open permanently. Only thing it doesn't do is do it at a stand still or idle when at temperature.

Fairly certain the RS3 8Y will have a mild pop and bang map on it.

I may be on my own here but I could live without a pop (or similar) map… artificial extra pops etc is rather naff imho.

There’s a modified m4 near me that drives everywhere on the overrun feathering the throttle to make a continuous barrage of ****** noise and I don’t want to be like that as it sounds stupid.

Or to put it another way: real noise = good; fake noise = bad.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, 3vans and 3 others
A.Each to their own....some folks may still like their current car...and look upon the RS3 8Y as their next car but don't want to rush into one given these uncertain times
B.The majority of RS3 buyers use finance ie debt and a lot people maybe just not ready to take on this considerable amount debt that others don't blink an eye on doing.
C. Some are just happy getting the RS badge on the car others are want to tick all the boxes...maybe because that's what they've been use too.... all or nothing buyers

You mention trivial reasons...care to elaborate?
Not me though, I really wanted another Golf R, my 7.5 R has been about the best all round car I have ever owned, I have no gripes with it at all. The 8R performs better, that new rear diff (That Audi stole for the RS3 and NOT the S3 by the way) transforms the last 10% of the handling, unfortunately VW have totally fuc8ed the 8R interior and info system up :( I am so f... annoyed at VW, I thought every later car generally got better?

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Not me though, I really wanted another Golf R, my 7.5 R has been about the best all round car I have ever owned, I have no gripes with it at all. The 8R performs better, that new rear diff (That Audi stole for the RS3 and NOT the S3 by the way) transforms the last 10% of the handling, unfortunately VW have totally fuc8ed the 8R interior and info system up :( I am so f... annoyed at VW, I thought every later car generally got better?
I totally agree with you, the interior is ****** awful for a 40k+ car - I ordered a mk8 R in January which THANKFULLY got delayed enough so I cancelled and am now going into the RS3! Recently turned 21 and coming from a 7.5 gti, can’t wait

Reactions: johnmv55, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
I may be on my own here but I could live without a pop (or similar) map… artificial extra pops etc is rather naff imho.

There’s a modified m4 near me that drives everywhere on the overrun feathering the throttle to make a continuous barrage of ****** noise and I don’t want to be like that as it sounds stupid.

I think pops and bangs sound **** to be honest . My wife reaction when cars pass by popping and banging d...h..ds :laughing:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, Keano04 and 2 others
I think pops and bangs sound **** to be honest . My wife reaction when cars go passed popping and banging d...h..ds :laughing:
Or the pure straight piped 1L eco boost fiestas ‍♂️♂️ ****** awful

• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and Mr Freeze

I must admit after owning (briefly) a MK7.5R I was thinking after first seeing the 8Y I’d be more inclined to get a new GolfR as the next new car, however all these software / touchscreen issues have put me right off.

I do think if VW sort out the 8R issues and when the ECU is unlocked cars start getting a decent power increase it takes the R up a level.

The key question for me though, is the 8Y RS3 going to trump that, especially at 60k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend has just ordered a Golf 8R through coast2coast and got just shy of 6k 13% off a new order . What I have seen of them on you tube they look impressive stats wise anyway but like you say the interior isn't the best wouldn't mind test driving one tho

Last edited:
Reactions: johnmv55, Jcbmally and NevMan
I must admit after owning (briefly) a MK7.5R I was thinking after first seeing the 8Y I’d be more inclined to get a new GolfR as the next new car, however all these software / touchscreen issues have put me right off.

I do think if VW sort out the 8R issues and when the ECU is unlocked cars start getting a decent power increase it takes the R up a level.

The key question for me though, is the 8Y RS3 going to trump that, especially at 60k.

The 8R will be a rocket with a map as they are around 340hp out the factory from what I've read

I think pops and bangs sound **** to be honest . My wife reaction when cars go passed popping and banging d...h..ds :laughing:

Having the Dyno Spectrum system on my 8V means I can change ignition degree in every load / RPM situation easily, I tried a variation of -20 to -25 deg earlier this year, terrible

Came home and loaded up the mapping tables to dial everything back, it’s just so tiring after 10 mins, plus it draws a lot of unwanted attention.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Jcbmally, NevMan and 1 other person
Having the Dyno Spectrum system on my 8V means I can change ignition degree in every load / RPM situation easily, I tried a variation of -20 to -25 deg earlier this year, terrible

Came home and loaded up the mapping tables to dial everything back, it’s just so tiring after 10 mins, plus it draws a lot of unwanted attention.

I can imagine it does draw a lot of unwanted attention and its the last thing you want in an Rs3 :laughing:

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and 8YARWY
I can imagine it does draw a lot of unwanted attention and its the last thing you want in an Rs3 :laughing:

I know some DS users that have it turned right up as far as -35 deg ignition, clearly some crave the look at me and hate their engine in the process

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze and NevMan
I totally agree with you, the interior is ****** awful for a 40k+ car - I ordered a mk8 R in January which THANKFULLY got delayed enough so I cancelled and am now going into the RS3! Recently turned 21 and coming from a 7.5 gti, can’t wait

Jeez mate, 21 and an RS3…you must have deeeeeeep pockets with that annual insurance never mind anything else

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06, Alexlfc17, Jcbmally and 3 others
Jeez mate, 21 and an RS3…you must have deeeeeeep pockets with that annual insurance never mind anything else
Haha! It's not *too* bad - admiral is great for prices by far the cheapest for me

Reactions: Jcbmally
Haha! It's not *too* bad - admiral is great for prices by far the cheapest for me

How much is not too bad…?

I was spending £700 odd on a mini (granted it was modded) when I was 21 and thought I was doing well funnily enough also with admiral!!

Reactions: Alexlfc17
How much is not too bad…?

I was spending £700 odd on a mini (granted it was modded) when I was 21 and thought I was doing well funnily enough also with admiral!!
The gti at 19 was 2.2k, 20 was 1.3k and RS3, providing it arrives for my renewal next month is coming to 1.5k or so. :thumbs up:

• Wow
Reactions: Keano04, Jcbmally and NevMan
The gti at 19 was 2.2k, 20 was 1.3k and RS3, providing it arrives for my renewal next month is coming to 1.5k or so. :thumbs up:

Fair enough, that is actually less than I thought it would be. Excess of £5k? (Joking)

Reactions: Jcbmally and Alexlfc17
I've Had the 7.5 r, gti pp and club sport
I've got the mk 8 clubsport on order as it was by far my favourite to drive

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
My friend has just ordered a Golf 8R through coast2coast and got just shy of 6k 13% off a new order . What I have seen of them on you tube they look impressive stats wise anyway but like you say the interior isn't the best wouldn't mind test driving one tho
Just do a you tube to see how to put the ESC into Sport mode, or off as in Normal mode the level of interference, sorry, assistance is a lot lower than in a Mk7.5 and it's quite hard to see as the flashing ESC is bottom left of dash and hidden by the middle steering wheel spoke when trying to get out of a roundabout handy, then the whole car comes alive and just about 4 wheel drifts :)

I just hope the 8Y RS3 d emo impresses me as much, if it doesnt i'm out :(

Seats are comfortable but the blue pattern ***, the rest of the interior is just about straight out of a lower range Golf, they have even taken the bonnet strut off and replaced it with a Golf Mk2 style metal rod :frown new:

A total lack of switches and haptic steering wheel 'switches/pads?' that enable you to turn the steering wheel heater on by accident complete the package, then add in the various software glitches that most owners are having and you can see why some are getting returned, some have even been returned for panel alignment.

The point that made me back out was as good as the new Golf goes and handles at 10/10ths just how often do you drive like that? If I was going along in cruise mode and the Radio kept popping with SOS warnings, the adaptive cruise wouldnt over take (some only undertake) and the speed kept swapping from 70 to 44 (kph-mph conversion) and applying the brakes plus heater and volume slider controls that arent lit I would be asking myself 'why did you p/x your 7.5R?'

Reactions: Mr Freeze

I was expect more… that’s doable without them taking the ****.

Being 21 is another milestone that helps with insurance, so timings are working pretty well for getting the rs3

Reactions: Jcbmally and Alexlfc17

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    1 MB · Views: 92
  • Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally, 8YARWY and Mr Freeze

Best sounding car's with real noise l have driven where the 2016 Rs3 lovely spec it was painted in Racing mica blue...up next was a 2016 TTRS Roadster pauper spec not even the sports exhaust it sounded amazing giving it a blast with the roof down but these 2 cars also sounded amazing at normal speeds the TTRS was faster than the RS3 though
365 bhp v 400 bhp ttrs lighter car....but the RS3 8v pfl was a special looking car back then matter of fact here is a photo of it my first S3 is in the background and the RS3 had only done 3800 miles price was £37k probably not lost much of its original value now

Attachments

• DSC_0365.JPG
    DSC_0365.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0363.JPG
    DSC_0363.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, LuckyLee and 1 other person

Ok who the hell are you insured with I’m twice your age and paying the same something ain’t right. I am in London though

Reactions: Alexlfc17, Mr Freeze and Jassyo06
Best sounding car's with real noise l have driven where the 2016 Rs3 lovely spec it was painted in Racing mica blue...up next was a 2016 TTRS Roadster pauper spec not even the sports exhaust it sounded amazing giving it a blast with the roof down but these 2 cars also sounded amazing at normal speeds the TTRS was faster than the RS3 though
365 bhp v 400 bhp ttrs lighter car....but the RS3 8v pfl was a special looking car back then matter of fact here is a photo of it my first S3 is in the background and the RS3 had only done 3800 miles price was £37k probably not lost much of its original value now

Wish the 8y had that blue as a colour choice… would have looked great on the new rs3 with the black accents…

I would also throw in there the following (although this could be a separate thread for discussion!!):

Golf r32
Ftype v8 (or the v6 actually)
E9x m3
A n/a Porsche flat 6

With wltp at play I think the ftype is probably still one of the best sounding cars you can get in spite of the extra filter…

I considered all of the above but went for the rs3 so hopefully whilst not as good as it once sounded, it’s hopefully still better than 90% of what else out there (as in new cars).

Reactions: Jcbmally and LuckyLee
Ok who the hell are you insured with I’m twice your age and paying the same something ain’t right. I am in London though

He’s with Admiral I believe he said

Reactions: NevMan and Alexlfc17
Ah sorry didn’t see that

I’m with them too

Oh well I’ll have to move

Reactions: Jassyo06

He is a youngster with a lot of expendable income of which most of it is spent on cars and insurance how things have changed in the last 10/15 years when l was 21 my inadequate income as a just qualified Spark was spent on fast women not fast cars lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Alexlfc17 and RS3ree
Status
Not open for further replies.