RS3 8Y Picture Gallery Thread

Here’s a few of mine before it was on the back of a recovery truck and back to Audi.

03e8acf0f29abf8a131a7a08d5cbcd46.jpg

cdbe3d1c94ee145890bda387159d6fc4.jpg

e78ea668707e0b96a885e4d022a962f3.jpg

And the cause of my dispair…

5cdb6afb57386eb649270c219b9e854f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks F@@king stunning its definitely in the polishing procedure where they've inflicted the swirls as it very glossy looking especially for Daytona l thought you'd chosen a saloon

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
That looks F@@king stunning its definitely in the polishing procedure where they've inflicted the swirls as it very glossy looking especially for Daytona l thought you'd chosen a saloon

Thanks! It’s just a grey, but I like the Daytona. Always been a Sportback, I like the saloons as well but for me the RS3 needs to be a hatch.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Made it up to Newcomb’s ranch today.

26813bab59f01f32bd307a4ca6956782.jpg

7dc4ec667611809787cbbae4c7c8f58d.jpg

e9c094e4a91b9e3c98523db139e25e0c.jpg

adc229fd49690badab7abd830d9ebf24.jpg

Reactions: furious_iPod, RS03???, Pinky1959 and 9 others
Walking back to car with Dog and just thought 'Why would anyone think this needs lowering?' wheels sit pretty nice in wheel arches in my eye.

(Apologies for the car needing a wash :( )

RS3  2

Reactions: Pinky1959, RS03???, Mr Freeze and 4 others
Walking back to car with Dog and just thought 'Why would anyone think this needs lowering?' wheels sit pretty nice in wheel arches in my eye.

View attachment 259414
Maybe I'm getting old but I felt similar about mine when I first saw it on the ground.

Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, 8YARWY and 1 other person
@Daggerit what's all that then that's caused it to go back to Audi?

My cars started to make some serious disgusting noises on startup. This is completely stock.

Reactions: RS03???, Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and 2 others

My cars started to make some serious disgusting noises on startup. This is completely stock.

That's a pretty awesome startup sound! Did you give it a little rev at the same time or is that just a start in RS Performance mode?

The last picture in my little group is the alternator belt. It decided that it didn't like being in one piece or attached to the pulleys anymore so had to go back to Audi for a replacement.

View attachment 259414
Tut,Tut...Mike, you won't get any Instagram likes unless you lower it and stick spacers on.......:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: LayZ_Pz, Waq1, hef and 6 others
That's a pretty awesome startup sound! Did you give it a little rev at the same time or is that just a start in RS Performance mode?

The last picture in my little group is the alternator belt. It decided that it didn't like being in one piece or attached to the pulleys anymore so had to go back to Audi for a replacement.
Yeah RS Performance start. Revs slightly higher on the crank over. oh sh.. not good with the alternator belt :|

Reactions: Daggerit
Tut,Tut...Mike, you won't get any Instagram likes unless you lower it and stick spacers on.......:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Plus the big like chin spolier and the rear like diffuser man and i'm then like away with the like superstars :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and 8YARWY

I have noticed mine with the ASR kit appears to be getting noisier, maybe due to the 'extra' use that the open exhaust route now gets ?

Here’s a few of mine before it was on the back of a recovery truck and back to Audi.

03e8acf0f29abf8a131a7a08d5cbcd46.jpg

cdbe3d1c94ee145890bda387159d6fc4.jpg

e78ea668707e0b96a885e4d022a962f3.jpg

And the cause of my dispair…

5cdb6afb57386eb649270c219b9e854f.jpg

Sportback looks great mate in daytona.
As much as I like the saloon I think the hatch is still the shape for me ... but I just love the carbon boot spoiler on the saloon.

Reactions: RS03???, Jassyo06, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
Is that Los Angeles in the distance ?

Yup. Newcomb’s ranch is in the mountains to the north.

It’s a nice 1hr30min loop from my door to Newcomb’s and then back to my house.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Yup. Newcomb’s ranch is in the mountains to the north.

It’s a nice 1hr30min loop from my door to Newcomb’s and then back to my house.

Wow lucky guy

Reactions: RS03??? and Mr Freeze
7a8bedaa86aa1fcc53e92e011c679a3d.jpg

Out in the lakes the other day

Reactions: FBF01, Frankel, 3vans and 10 others
Finally got the opportunity to take a few quick pics of all our Audi cars together

Attachments

• E73E1B6A-6D21-4EF1-8C36-D53A640114AC.jpeg
    E73E1B6A-6D21-4EF1-8C36-D53A640114AC.jpeg
    926 KB · Views: 182
  • 11A04787-9AA7-4839-996F-99B1765B3633.jpeg
    11A04787-9AA7-4839-996F-99B1765B3633.jpeg
    935.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Love
Reactions: Jops, furious_iPod, Mike.46 and 4 others
Finally got the opportunity to take a few quick pics of all our Audi cars together
That is some fleet! Is that the "standard" yellow or a special colour?

R8 on my bucket list, must have one before my body gives out.

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY and shahaf2911
That is some fleet! Is that the "standard" yellow or a special colour?

R8 on my bucket list, must have one before my body gives out.

TX.
It’s actually a wrap by inozetek called super gloss sand. That’s the color in the sun, in the shade and night it’s brownish.

I believe you got time the R8 is such a comfortable car to daily, it’s actually my mothers daily and our weekend car lol her only complaint is the hight because of her age (so we’re getting her a different car but the R8 is definitely a keeper!)

Reactions: RS03???, 8YARWY and Terminator x
caab31f74d3a49086f5d4950116a3d91.jpg

Reactions: furious_iPod, kayemill and Jay 1234

Have they fixed your car yet?

Reactions: Daggerit
No the dealer had them done when new.

I like the mirror caps though, won’t be changing them.

Just my thoughts :) I always think wheels and mirrors should be matching, like women think shoes and handbag should match :)

Did they also do the door/roof trims black as well ?

Just my thoughts :) I always think wheels and mirrors should be matching, like women think shoes and handbag should match :)

Did they also do the door/roof trims black as well ?

Yes trims were wrapped.

I’m not doing much if anything to this car, as on any given day I could just decide to move it on.

Reactions: Mike.46
Have they fixed your car yet?
Yes, they actually had it done by Thursday which I was fairly impressed by. Apparently it was just a faulty belt because all the pulleys ran true and free so they couldn't figure out what had caused it.

In terms of my other niggles, the washing and swirling of the car and the self tappers into the front bumper, that's gone to Audi UK so I'll probably never find a resolution...

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Mike.46
Yes trims were wrapped.

I’m not doing much if anything to this car, as on any given day I could just decide to move it on.

I 'used' to think mine wasnt a long term car either, but since the ASR controller has been on i'm liking it a little more now, it seems to have given it a little more character-which a standard car lacks in bucket loads, it could do with a little more induction noise and I think I would be happier.

But that 'electric' car pulling up at the lights scenario is still pi$$ing me off, it's like end of an era that I don't like too much, but also don't really like the alternative yet either

fe5d73b2f238c5266f7b90bceaca0dd8.jpg

b5810d8417864591a3670a3d96ff0137.jpg

2306ac8f1ce6dcbaf565a168894414a8.jpg

Reactions: rngDeadeye, Pinky1959, eleven_ and 6 others
I 'used' to think mine wasnt a long term car either, but since the ASR controller has been on i'm liking it a little more now, it seems to have given it a little more character-which a standard car lacks in bucket loads, it could do with a little more induction noise and I think I would be happier.

But that 'electric' car pulling up at the lights scenario is still pi$$ing me off, it's like end of an era that I don't like too much, but also don't really like the alternative yet either

I don’t get involved in ‘traffic light gran prix’ any more, just makes us seem like DH’s and not worth it.

I don’t get involved in ‘traffic light gran prix’ any more, just makes us seem like DH’s and not worth it.

I think i'm getting picked on tbh :openmouth: and to be fair if I had a decent performing EV I would go Golf R/RS3/M2 etc 'hunting' as well, in any traffic light grand prix an EV draws virtually no attention at all and you have nothing to loose,

If the ICE car makes loads of noise and clears off everyone thinks as you say 'DH' , If the EV clears off no one notices anyhow (except for you sitting there in your RS3)

I'm afriad it's a win either way for the EV :sadlike:

Reactions: IanL-RS3
I think i'm getting picked on tbh :openmouth: and to be fair if I had a decent performing EV I would go Golf R/RS3/M2 etc 'hunting' as well, in any traffic light grand prix an EV draws virtually no attention at all and you have nothing to loose,

If the ICE car makes loads of noise and clears off everyone thinks as you say 'DH' , If the EV clears off no one notices anyhow (except for you sitting there in your RS3)

I'm afriad it's a win either way for the EV :sadlike:
Someone felt the need to overtake me in an ID4 the other day in a place where you would never normally overtake. There not even fast! I think some EV owners think they are quicker than they are. I didn't respond.

Reactions: Jay 1234, Snake Pliskin, Mike.46 and 2 others
Someone felt the need to overtake me in an ID4 the other day in a place where you would never normally overtake. There not even fast! I think some EV owners think they are quicker than they are. I didn't respond.
More EVs means less cars doing roads like the NC500. At least until they sort the range with better batteries or faster charging..
I did it in a day once in the GTR, with 2 guys, one with a group B Impreza (such a loud car with the worst fuel economy) and an M3 CSL. We left just before sunrise to avoid the caravans for a few hours. My favourite driving day.. Couldn't do that in an EV.

Reactions: Terminator x and Daggerit
You seem obsessed with EV Mike , you should get one! I say the plaid version then you can destroy everyone at the lights.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, kayemill and Mike.46
You seem obsessed with EV Mike , you should get one! I say the plaid version then you can destroy everyone at the lights.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin