RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Ok, what are you 18 or something? Grow up pal.
Best to ignore him. He’s on mute. A troll. Funny though he always takes the **** out of folk on the Facebook groups by posting childish remarks with screenshots on here but never comments on the actual social media posts in question.. what do you call someone like that? deffo was bullied at school.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Dnwc
Best to ignore him. He’s on mute. A troll. Funny though he always takes the **** out of folk on the Facebook groups by posting childish remarks with screenshots on here but never comments on the actual social media posts in question.. what do you call someone like that? deffo was bullied at school.

Lol…….do you even own an RS3 ?

Wasn’t aware the Fudbook police were around………

You’ve been a member of ASN for 5 mins and all of a sudden a member since 2013 is a Troll

I’ve written / helped / seen ASN members for coding / retrofits more than you’ve had hot dinners, but crack on policing the forum if you must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankel and Mr Freeze
I think it more comes down to the prices they're advertising cars for. For example, the Daytona VS Sportback that they have up for £71k. That's £5k more than the one I ordered in December '21 which also had the dynamic pack, so essentially they're looking for £10k over list.
Also lets not forget a lot of these dealers are trying to shift cars that were price protected in the first place. Don't forget the launch prices these cars came at:

Audi RS 3 Sportback pricing OTR

Audi RS 3 Sportback £50,900
Audi RS 3 Sportback Carbon Black £55,550
Audi RS 3 Sportback Launch Edition £56,900
Audi RS 3 Sportback Vorsprung £58,650

Audi RS 3 Saloon pricing OTR

Audi RS 3 Saloon £51,900
Audi RS 3 Saloon Carbon Black £56,550
Audi RS 3 Saloon Launch Edition £57,900
Audi RS 3 Saloon Vorsprung £59,650

Also if these cars are going from business to business there's extra margin for them to use as well if it sits on their books and/or gets miles on the clock which is why a lot of them put miles onto the cars before they sell them.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, 8YARWY and Daggerit
Also lets not forget a lot of these dealers are trying to shift cars that were price protected in the first place. Don't forget the launch prices these cars came at:

Audi RS 3 Sportback pricing OTR

Audi RS 3 Sportback £50,900
Audi RS 3 Sportback Carbon Black £55,550
Audi RS 3 Sportback Launch Edition £56,900
Audi RS 3 Sportback Vorsprung £58,650

Audi RS 3 Saloon pricing OTR

Audi RS 3 Saloon £51,900
Audi RS 3 Saloon Carbon Black £56,550
Audi RS 3 Saloon Launch Edition £57,900
Audi RS 3 Saloon Vorsprung £59,650

Also if these cars are going from business to business there's extra margin for them to use as well if it sits on their books and/or gets miles on the clock which is why a lot of them put miles onto the cars before they sell them.
Exactly that. The asking prices for them just now are out of hand.

Reactions: Charlie Farley, 8YARWY and DangerMouseUK
I have to say I'm quite impressed with the way these things pull out of corners. It does seem to steer you from the rear if you're a tad heavy footed.

I assume the fancy Diff does it's thing even if you're not in "torque-rear" mode?

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY
I have to say I'm quite impressed with the way these things pull out of corners. It does seem to steer you from the rear if you're a tad heavy footed.

I assume the fancy Diff does it's thing even if you're not in "torque-rear" mode?
Very much so. I notice it most significantly in RS Performance mode, I don't know if that's down to the settings specifically for that mode or the ESC being dialed back or what to be honest. Dynamic is alright too.

Just saw this on YouTube -

Any ideas on what happened/cause? Nothing on the YouTube link and I see nothing related on Twitter. Perhaps some local Dutch subscribers may know.

Feel very sorry for the owner. Hopefully something his/her insurance will take care of ….

Any ideas on what happened/cause? Nothing on the YouTube link and I see nothing related on Twitter. Perhaps some local Dutch subscribers may know.

Feel very sorry for the owner. Hopefully something his/her insurance will take care of ….

To my untrained eye it looks like it was set on fire. Only because in my limited experience fires have always started under the bonnet (I know that's not always the case, but I'm going on the law of averages here), and that looks like it started in the interior and hasn't even gotten under the bonnet yet.

Reactions: sheraa
To my untrained eye it looks like it was set on fire. Only because in my limited experience fires have always started under the bonnet (I know that's not always the case, but I'm going on the law of averages here), and that looks like it started in the interior and hasn't even gotten under the bonnet yet.

Agreed. Sunroof seems to be open as well so could have been the cause. The fire brigade seems to be concentrating on the interior so suggests the root cause could indeed be there …

Reactions: Daggerit

Someone clearly hated the interior……

Buyers remorse

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Terminator x, sheraa and 2 others
Agreed. Sunroof seems to be open as well so could have been the cause. The fire brigade seems to be concentrating on the interior so suggests the root cause could indeed be there …

I imagine that the glass probably broke or melted in the heat to be honest, but it could've been the starting point. Also, it's unusual that it would set fire to itself while sat in a parking space as generally it would be while driving I'd assume.

Looks to be the same spec as mine so it's a bit sad to see!

Reactions: sheraa

Lol you don't strike me as someone who is heavy footed...... :whistle2:

• Haha
Reactions: rngDeadeye and Daggerit

Lol now if that was in Scotland, the RS3 community would be asking who tuned it........:whistle2:

• Haha
Reactions: itsbigyellow and Daggerit

And still..... the stickers clung on to those wheels

Sat in traffic tonight and the wheel hub from a van travelling in the opposite direction comes off, straight into the front corner of my car. I checked whilst there and all looked ok, but checked again at home and found the damage. Managed to get the name on the van, called and he was very apologetic and offered to pay for the new part, if needed. Bit of a polish later and alls good!

Attachments

• IMG_6116.jpeg
    IMG_6116.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6117.jpeg
    IMG_6117.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101
Reactions: kayemill and Daggerit

Audi rs3 00002 919x612

Basically the article is saying it's suspected arson, a loud bang heard with a car seen making a quick getaway, and cars have previously been set on fire in the same car park in March this year and in 2018.

Reactions: Daggerit and sheraa
View attachment 268902
Basically the article is saying it's suspected arson, a loud bang heard with a car seen making a quick getaway, and cars have previously been set on fire in the same car park in March this year and in 2018.

Seems to match the original thoughts. Maybe a set of ceramics going up for sale in the near future…

Reactions: mb127
View attachment 268902

Cheers for digging up the article and resolving the mystery …

Reactions: mb127 and Daggerit
The invoice for my Carbon Saloon was circa £54k, a year on and 9000 miles in, the car is worth more than the invoice price with a positive equity excluding my deposit of around £8k. I was one of the lucky ones who never paid any of the price rises but for those who did I can't imagine they are in any equity other than negative at the moment.

The invoice for my Carbon Saloon was circa £54k, a year on and 9000 miles in, the car is worth more than the invoice price with a positive equity excluding my deposit of around £8k. I was one of the lucky ones who never paid any of the price rises but for those who did I can't imagine they are in any equity other than negative at the moment.
Whats ypur final payment? Mines is vorsprung, i also got in before all price increases so around the 59k mark for saloon. 8k down paying just over 600 a month with final payment being 31k
Through forza

Whats ypur final payment? Mines is vorsprung, i also got in before all price increases so around the 59k mark for saloon. 8k down paying just over 600 a month with final payment being 31k
Through forza
£29,6 although sort of irrelevant to me, I won't be keeping it that long.

Just sold my Vorsprung with less miles than that, I’d be surprised if you’ll actually get offered more than 54 for it!

Just sold my Vorsprung with less miles than that, I’d be surprised if you’ll actually get offered more than 54 for it!

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY

WBAC offered me the quoted price of £57580 for it last week after an inspection.

Lol it’s dropped nearly 4K in a week…..

722c0b3e6f817a7eb8c500c67f73880c.png

That’s not the valuation I just got for it. It’s swings and roundabouts. I got £56540 now, was £53,290 back in May looking back through my emails from them.

Wow... Well at least I know who to give a call when my car comes in! £80k?! If they gave my £70k for mine I'd be over the moon. Hahaha.

With a facelift due soon who in their right mind would though

My exclusive was 60k at order so you can bet these were similar priced when ordered.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and Daggerit
With a facelift due soon who in their right mind would though

My exclusive was 60k at order so you can bet these were similar priced when ordered.

That's true, but at what cost for the facelift? These might suddenly look like a bargain! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I think some of you chaps are becoming more interested in the resale value and profit margins of your cars than the pleasure of ownership and driving, just an observation from a neutral observer.:shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Frankel, Anyname and 2 others
I think some of you chaps are becoming more interested in the resale value and profit margins of your cars than the pleasure of ownership and driving, just an observation from a neutral observer.:shrug:
I can see that. Definitely still drive mine, I promise! Not the highest of mileages but 8k deep since Sept last year so I'm not shy to taking it out. :thumbs up:

On the flip side, it's nice to know you're not losing your a$$ in depreciation.

I can see that. Definitely still drive mine, I promise! Not the highest of mileages but 8k deep since Sept last year so I'm not shy to taking it out. :thumbs up:

On the flip side, it's nice to know you're not losing your a$$ in depreciation.

Agreed. Bonkers really as it looks like CarWow reckon we'll get the same for our S3 as we bought it for this time last year!

Reactions: Daggerit
I love the car, and I always wanted an RS3, but I’m very surprised eyeing up selling it already. It’s a truly stunning motor, especially in green. It pulls heads ALL of the time but I suspect that my ownership experience has been dampened quite considerably by the sound of it. It doesn’t have the rawness it should, and I genuinely expected to be able to have the OPFs off by now but alas, not yet.

I'm a neutral observer too, but I can't help thinking if I had put an order down I would also be looking to get out of it gaining as much (or losing as little) as I could. I think the buying experience and the final car has fallen short of expectations for many who had previous RS3s and I would probably be one of those.

As it is I am happy I kept my 8V because it fits me better than the 8Y, (8V is more shouty inside, less shouty outside). If I had jumped, can't help thinking that for the price of RS3s now it puts it into the territory of some very capable alternatives.

Reactions: Robsrs, garethdj, NevMan and 3 others
Yup my cancelled order if it had arrived a year ago? yup l would have taken ownership for a very short time and sold it on, but its almost 2 year's on from ordering and IMHO the car had lost a lot of its appeal and even at todays list price its seriously overpriced but good luck to its potential new owner

Reactions: Mr Freeze, flybynite, mb127 and 2 others