RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

My S3 as gone from £57 to £70 in the last few months so I'd dread to think what the Rs3 is to fill up .
Lucky for us we only have to fill up once every 2 weeks .
I'd be roughly £400 a month on fuel alone if I had the car right now maybe even more if l got the calculator out ....

Reactions: Mr Freeze and 8YARWY
Sold now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like it was bounty competitions that bought it!
B00E736C 6B99 46E7 A5C9 3C8C6B027585

Yes
2 years ?
Yes I thought that as well...when did it grow to 2?. I thought they said order now for early 2023....although watched a YT video with welsh lad and he was told by dealer - 18months...so who knows....just put deposit down and get the deck chair out to wait.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mastachaz
It just helps them sell tickets as people will believe what they read so makes it sound more desirable

Reactions: AndyVWR
It just helps them sell tickets as people will believe what they read so makes it sound more desirable
Plus it's not a 'rare' colour, it's a normal production colour

Reactions: billymc92
Yes

Yes I thought that as well...when did it grow to 2?. I thought they said order now for early 2023....although watched a YT video with welsh lad and he was told by dealer - 18months...so who knows....just put deposit down and get the deck chair out to wait.
Max I have been quoted was 18 months but in one.place

Carbon sportbacks rear spoiler
89D0BB39 C4F6 460A B1F2 F688D01C7D21
D6272384 6CFD 47E4 A7BB 61D4D8316B64
2E907BE9 05D5 413E A041 DFEC5213F819

Reactions: kayemill
That isn't a crack. If it is I shouldn't have raced on half the bikes I have.
Just a seam.

Give it time lol
I'm with you on that to be honest. My my19 S3 was solid for a while, then the door cards started buzzing. Easily fixed though.
Only thing that gives me hope with the 8y is that even below zero on tar spray and chip roads there is no buzz.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Daggerit
That person could be me :whistle2: never seen carbon like that before
Fair enough. As has been pointed out, a lot of manufacturers put a seam down the middle of car components and it's basically just the way that they lay up the matting for cosmetic effect.

Reactions: NevMan and 5pot
If you want some carbon, have some o this ;)

Carbon 3

Carbon 2

Carbon 1

• Love
Reactions: NevMan, Pinky1959, Mr Freeze and 8 others
That isn't a crack. If it is I shouldn't have raced on half the bikes I have.
Just a seam.
O/T but front splitter on my car is the same.

TX.
9df6cfbc9fb01bbde11b442943ecce7c.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
7df80c729b8878d27bb28c676f58f7f2.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, RSt3ve, 5pot and 2 others
O/T but front splitter on my car is the same.

TX.
9df6cfbc9fb01bbde11b442943ecce7c.jpg

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
7df80c729b8878d27bb28c676f58f7f2.jpg

Thats faulty as well then like the rear spoiler :)

Seriously though I do wonder about some of the questions asked,

• Haha
Reactions: 8YARWY, 3vans, Daggerit and 1 other person
That Duck Tail fin is a bit OTT on the saloon mate but nowhere as bad as the one on the sportback......but l suppose the fin blends/gels with the mirrors and sills.....Jordan had a M4 with all the carbon addenda even the roof......l just couldn't see the money in it to be honest.I would rather see the money spent elsewhere in the car...ie carbon trim inside instead of high gloss black plastic....l loved the carbon inside the TT made the inside look special just my preference

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
That Duck Tail fin is a bit OTT on the saloon mate but nowhere as bad as the one on the sportback......but l suppose the fin blends/gels with the mirrors and sills.....Jordan had a M4 with all the carbon addenda even the roof......l just couldn't see the money in it to be honest.I would rather see the money spent elsewhere in the car...ie carbon trim inside instead of high gloss black plastic....l loved the carbon inside the TT made the inside look special just my preference

Seriously it’s not OTT (rear spoiler) & one of the things that drew me to the carbon saloon tbh. It’s definitely blends in with the car, I would not want it if it was too shouty. It is a lot of money for what it is but on this occasion I genuinely think it’s money well spent. My eyes are always drawn to the carbon bits and black roof. Daytona paint makes it look less shouty too and blends really well with the carbon. Saying that it will stand out even more on a brighter colour which would look good in its own way.

Reactions: NevMan, Pinky1959 and Stu-27
Thats faulty as well then like the rear spoiler :)

Seriously though I do wonder about some of the questions asked,

Come on… you really surprised ?

Jeeeez wait until the real daft questions start getting asked, 8V cycle repeating itself.

Brakes, tyres, vents, exhaust flaps etc etc.

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Seriously it’s not OTT (rear spoiler) & one of the things that drew me to the carbon saloon tbh. It’s definitely blends in with the car, I would not want it if it was too shouty. It is a lot of money for what it is but on this occasion I genuinely think it’s money well spent. My eyes are always drawn to the carbon bits and black roof. Daytona paint makes it look less shouty too and blends really well with the carbon. Saying that it will stand out even more on a brighter colour which would look good in its own way.
@Snake Pliskin eyeing up his next carbon wing ;)

iu

TX.

• Haha
Reactions: NevMan, AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Oh the colour, just soak that in……..

IMG 8039

• Angry
Reactions: K96, RSt3ve, Jassyo06 and 3 others
@T-1000 ****** annoying that, what possible reason can they have for not offering it in the UK unless #brexitpayback

TX.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Quick one of mine waiting on Tuesday coming... ;) @Daggerit those front arches I mentioned...
Unnamed

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinky1959, RSt3ve, 5pot and 10 others