RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

i do think the green looks great on this car mate …. You enjoy it’s been a long wait for you :icon thumright:
I so nearly went green, I used to like the 'asbo green' Focus RS as Clarkson called it, I think it suits the RS3 very well, I dont think it would suit any bigger RS models,
But, caution got the better of me and whilst I was considering Daytona my car jumped forward and a stop to any changes then goes in place, so it's Tango Red, and better still it's here :)
New car 4

Reactions: NevMan, Pinky1959, Jassyo06 and 6 others
I so nearly went green, I used to like the 'asbo green' Focus RS as Clarkson called it, I think it suits the RS3 very well, I dont think it would suit any bigger RS models,
But, caution got the better of me and whilst I was considering Daytona my car jumped forward and a stop to any changes then goes in place, so it's Tango Red, and better still it's here :)
View attachment 250346

Ah yes I remember being at the London motor show many years ago when that focus RS was launched and agree the green looked incredible … indeed the RS3 8y does have a similar impact. It’s just a bit too bold for me lol. Red looks fantastic too, very nice :icon thumright:

Reactions: Mr Freeze, AndyVWR and Mike.46
Ah yes I remember being at the London motor show many years ago when that focus RS was launched and agree the green looked incredible … indeed the RS3 8y does have a similar impact. It’s just a bit too bold for me lol. Red looks fantastic too, very nice :icon thumright:
That Green paint on the RS Focus was a pearlescent paint ultimate Green l think it's names was it looked stunning in sunlight can't say the same for Kyalami it'll look washed out in direct sunlight much the same as Turbo blue does

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin, RS03??? and 1 other person
View attachment 250346
Looks like you've been shed with Bridgestones......?

Reactions: NevMan
It's also a bit sad that another end up on autotrader after 400+ miles

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike.46
Quick one of mine waiting on Tuesday coming... ;) @Daggerit those front arches I mentioned...View attachment 250303
That looks fantastic.
Brave choice but just rewards.
I don't know if anyone chose the yellow Carbon as the yellow did look great too in the early shots.
For me a big deciding factor on carbon saloon is the contrast with the black roof.
It was always something that I loved about the M3(Carbon roof)so when I saw it on the saloon that was it for me.
I'll look out for you in the West.
To be fair you'll be hard to miss lol

Reactions: NevMan
our carbon has landed but there’s no RS3 mats. Anyone know where to get them?

Reactions: RS03???

Bridgestones feel ok so far - certainly a good cold weather tyre. Just need some heat to see how they are in summer now.

Reactions: Mike.46
Don’t know tbh, the photos were taken by the sales girl for me, If you say the tread pattern is Bridgestone I believe you :)

Hoping to go and have a look tomorrow but that means going on a Motorcycle, this is the first time since I was 17 that I have been without a car, I was painting a ceiling today and thought i'll need to go out and buy some more paint, before I realised I couldnt :(

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Bridgestones feel ok so far - certainly a good cold weather tyre. Just need some heat to see how they are in summer now.
Got them on mum's wee A1 a 30 profile 18 wheel they wear quickly especially at the edge so don't look new for long and l certainly think they won't last long on a RS3

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Ours have landed with Pirelli p0 any good?

Initially I was really disappointed with the Pirelli’s but I think it was a combo of cold, wet and salty roads that hampered them to begin with, plus maybe they needed a few miles to get going.

Now they have 1,500 on them, I’m rather happy with the Pirelli’s. Better than bridgestones I’ve had in the past.

I was going to switch them straight out for a set of PS4s but I am going to let them run and only change when needed so a marked improvement cf when I first got them.

Reactions: NevMan, RS03??? and Ross1
Pirelli’s on my last RS3 had exceptionally quick tyre wear but we’re a nice looking tyre and I had no complaints in the summer.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
My brakes have started to squeal - only noticed it twice so far at low speed in traffic and when it’s been wet.

Will keep an eye on that…

First impressions - what an amazing car! Much louder than I had ever anticipated it to be and definitely has to be heard in person. I wouldn't want MUCH more sound from it - those who have theirs already will understand what I mean. The cold start with valves open is very loud, almost pre-opf levels. Cars also very easy to provoke into oversteer in slippery roundabouts etc - great for having a bit of fun.

Ride quality is superb and I don't have the adaptive dampers, much comfier than my girlfriends 128ti.

Reactions: WilsonRS, Jay 1234, Jcbmally and 18 others
Looks lovely.
Nice to see the comments about the sound too, coming from an 8v S3 I was always going to impressed but mine is definitely louder than the video reviews have suggested.

Reactions: kayemill, Snake Pliskin, Terminator x and 1 other person
First impressions - what an amazing car! Much louder than I had ever anticipated it to be and definitely has to be heard in person. I wouldn't want MUCH more sound from it - those who have theirs already will understand what I mean. The cold start with valves open is very loud, almost pre-opf levels. Cars also very easy to provoke into oversteer in slippery roundabouts etc - great for having a bit of fun.

Ride quality is superb and I don't have the adaptive dampers, much comfier than my girlfriends 128ti.
View attachment 250572View attachment 250571View attachment 250573
Enjoy Bud. Glad you've finally got the car. Get them Greeeeeeeeeen vents fitted :cool:

Reactions: RS03??? and Snake Pliskin
Last one just for you, Fires out now apparently, all she needs now is a good swell and all the cars will fall to one side (as the tie downs will be burnt) and down she goes :)
Looks a scary ship to me now

View attachment 250198
And then the high sea's got to it and its now sunk.....................

Exposure loss for vehicle owners onboard Felicity Ace estimated at 115M

Reactions: kayemill

View attachment 250572View attachment 250571View attachment 250573

night time photos look fantastic mate & glad you’re enjoying it. I’m nearly 2 months in and still enjoying it as much as day 1 :icon thumright:

Reactions: HulkRS3 and Mr Freeze
This might sound stupid but on the configurator the Vorsprung comes with RS adaptive suspension with drive assist is this any different to the adaptive suspension in the Dynamic pack? asked this question to my dealership who responded with "I'm not sure its a good question" was wondering if anyone on here might have any clues regarding this

This might sound stupid but on the configurator the Vorsprung comes with RS adaptive suspension with drive assist is this any different to the adaptive suspension in the Dynamic pack? asked this question to my dealership who responded with "I'm not sure its a good question" was wondering if anyone on here might have any clues regarding this

I believe that it was worked out before that it’s the same system but don’t quote me on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sibz156
The only 2 things the Dynamic Pack adds to a Vorsprung is ceramic brakes and a top speed increase of 6mph (174mph standard on Vorsprung upped to 180mph with the Dynamic Pack). RS Exhaust and RS Adaptive Suspension are 'standard' on Vorsprung trim.

Reactions: Sibz156, 8YARWY and Daggerit
There was quite a bit about this in the early days really down to Audi's pizz poor configurator, the Dynamic pack just gives you ceramic brakes and raises top speed IIRC

Reactions: Sibz156, 8YARWY and Daggerit
The only 2 things the Dynamic Pack adds to a Vorsprung is ceramic brakes and a top speed increase of 6mph (174mph standard on Vorsprung upped to 180mph with the Dynamic Pack). RS Exhaust and RS Adaptive Suspension are 'standard' on Vorsprung trim.

This ^^ Audi dealers are clueless, configurator is mind bending stupid……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mb127 and Sibz156