• Haha
Reactions: Jcbmally and kayemill
Lol I love the tag line
Yet he keeps dropping the price
ccfe6db3d540368d372da3e6a033a00e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: billymc92, FBF01, Jcbmally and 1 other person
I’d love to get a model RS3 8y, anyone know if anywhere sells such a thing? Or will be it just as long to get a real one

Reactions: jimbo255 and AndyVWR
I’d love to get a model RS3 8y, anyone know if anywhere sells such a thing? Or will be it just as long to get a real one

ha ha. I decided that a model of 8Y RS3 would be good (and would ask for it as birthday present), So I was looking yesterday for one and came up with nothing.

It wasn't a full on look, but saw plenty of 8V but not 8Y (or in red). I think the model makers need a few more months and could be on shelf in 2023 (as new model range type of thing).

Certainly be interested if anyone's search comes up trumps before then.

Reactions: Stu-27
Your correct, and the miles keep going up and up! This is local to me so everything keeps messaging me saying they have seen me
Putting miles on it is the worst thing he could of done with all the other 8y Rs3's on the Auto Trader being a lot lower .

They have always been able to fine you up to £1000 pound for “each” plate and always so DVLA have the right to take it off you. But they will always either settle with a 21 day ticket or a fixed £100 fine
Yes I was aware of that , they appear to be enforcing it more now though.
In not into the whole personal plate thing, just makes you even more obvious , but for those that do it’s personal choice.
I have several friends that have been fined for it in the few weeks.
They were not specific reg plates that are legal but for the spacing and lettering on there own.
Is it really worth the hassle of a fine etc just to move some letters closer to spell a word that means very little ..

A bit like adding or moving extra plate bolts either black or yellow in attempt to change a number or letter, why.
I’m looking at a car because it maybe a nice car etc , not it’s flippin reg plate that had been made to say DICK1

Reactions: Jassyo06
I have a number of private plates and just keep swapping them from one to another each new car I get. One of them I just move a digit across and I have never been pulled for it, I even got a speeding ticket through the post so clearly even ANPR has no problem with it!

TX.

I have a number of private plates and just keep swapping them from one to another each new car I get. One of them I just move a digit across and I have never been pulled for it, I even got a speeding ticket through the post so clearly even ANPR has no problem with it!

TX.

TX.
Always a 1st time though.

I know that there was a question which we didn't know the answer to and that was whether the Vorsprung SB could open the boot with a sensor (it can, I found out by cleaning the car) but also whether you can both open and close via the key and yes you can. Next thing fo me is to fit the PPF for that piano black console in the middle because OMG is it a scratch magnet!

Reactions: 8YARWY
I know that there was a question which we didn't know the answer to and that was whether the Vorsprung SB could open the boot with a sensor (it can, I found out by cleaning the car) but also whether you can both open and close via the key and yes you can. Next thing fo me is to fit the PPF for that piano black console in the middle because OMG is it a scratch magnet!

Yes it’s a good feature isn’t it. Wave yer foot under the bumper.

First full tank done from full to empty and with mixed driving achieved 290 miles. Very happy with that considering I got 300-320 out of the S3.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
You all probably know about the naughty words filter on the forum, it helps keep threads reasonably civilised but did you know about the " what's my RS3 worth filter "

• Haha
Reactions: Bristle Hound
First full tank done from full to empty and with mixed driving achieved 290 miles. Very happy with that considering I got 300-320 out of the S3.
I agree not horrendous. I’ve been running mine in and it gets 30mpg which I’m happy with but let’s be honest that’s driving like a nun to church. If you touch the RS button it plummets but the smile grows!

Reactions: RS03??? and Detail Devil
Comparing mpg with my Golf R the RS3 is as good as the Golf when on a decent run of say 50 miles/75mph mainly dual carraigeway stuff at around 37/38mpg but when wifey is using it for the weekly shop the Golf would generally show around 32 and the RS3 is showing 28/29

Yes I was aware of that , they appear to be enforcing it more now though.
In not into the whole personal plate thing, just makes you even more obvious , but for those that do it’s personal choice.
I have several friends that have been fined for it in the few weeks.
They were not specific reg plates that are legal but for the spacing and lettering on there own.
Is it really worth the hassle of a fine etc just to move some letters closer to spell a word that means very little ..
It’s all just down to the copper, I had a few fines on my previous rs3, but last week just a warning. I’ve got to disagree with you on your last point though, private plates mean a lot to people hence why they buy them. Mines standard at is BIL 1185 witch looks not very good, with moving one space it reads BIL11 85 which looks much better. I don’t see the hassle at all, it still reads the exact same thing. Totally understand what you mean about changing the screw caps as that then looks like a different character. The spacing doesn’t stop the Anpr reading it like they always claim, same as T-1000 above, I’ve had a speeding ticket and I proved the same day I got the ticket that car park cameras read your number plate so they are just being fussy! There’s 1000 time more severe car related issues going on daily that they should be concentrating on.

Reactions: Jay 1234, HulkRS3, kayemill and 1 other person
same as T-1000 above, I’ve had a speeding ticket and I proved the same day I got the ticket that car park cameras read your number plate so they are just being fussy! There’s 1000 time more severe car related issues going on daily that they should be concentrating on.

Lol you know something I don’t

It’s all just down to the copper, There’s 1000 time more severe car related issues going on daily that they should be concentrating on.
Yes I agree, my friend got two fines and they then take the plate off you with the third prosecution, it was on a motorcycle and he moved a letter from the top line to the bottom line, he got stopped EVERY time a copper saw it,

I have even seen plod walking around Motorcycle haunts with a ruler and camera ***,

Motorcycles and (incorrect) number plates seem like an horrendous crime of the century to Plod, they also MUST be on two lines, so the next time you see a motorcycle with it all in one line the owner has some kind of weird death wish :)

I so nearly bought that number that appeared on here RS22 UFO, but then thought if I ever got a pull for doing something plod didnt like the plate wouldnt help

Police Scotland’s finest pulled me in our Horsebox lorry at Broxburn few months back for the spacing of my plate. Run all over the UK with it for 3 years past numerous traffic cars and none have batted an eyelid and it was just down to spacing.

NE11GHH instead of NE11 GHH. Slow day..

• Haha
Reactions: hef, Stu-27, Snake Pliskin and 3 others
Police Scotland’s finest pulled me in our Horsebox lorry at Broxburn few months back for the spacing of my plate. Run all over the UK with it for 3 years past numerous traffic cars and none have batted an eyelid and it was just down to spacing.

I literally took a photo of your number plate in Hurlford one day to send to someone I knew with horses.

It's a small world.

Reactions: RS03??? and HulkRS3

ha ha great plate on the horse box :icon thumright:

Reactions: kayemill
20220316 140107

So yes no Kemora anymore
I did pick Turbo Blue Vorsbrung with Dynamic pack wich I dont need...

Reactions: Jcbmally, AndyVWR, Mr Freeze and 12 others
I got problem all the time from fe days : Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Easy to get hold of one if your willing to pay more than the car is worth mate
paid not much over what is worth as has dynamic pack and its listed in price of one without

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 2 others