RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Nope. Two months in and still not managed to do it…

Asked dealer to help whilst I was in booking an oil change yesterday but they couldn’t do it either - turns out I wasn’t doing anything wrong and it’s an issue at Audi (not dealers or my car) and their servers.

A lot of posts online about Audi servers being an issue.
Will keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dealer set me up before handing over but setting up another user was a serious pain and took days.

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
Dealer was intense on setting up both the Audi app and user before I left, and try as I might I cannot add the wife as a second user, ive just told her she cant drive it until shes set up :tearsofjoy: but she took it anyway :)

I saw on the Audi app that they say ''buy this Audi data plug £35.29'' to complete the experience, well I have the one out of my Golf that was FREE and it works 100% but what you gain from it is a mystery, I fitted it in the Golf then removed it and the 'connect' app later, Am I missing something usefull here?

Has anyone managed to set a key user yet ?

Yes, but it took some doing. As mentioned above, it's the Audi server that causes the problem it took two or three attempts before finally working.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Yes, but it took some doing. As mentioned above, it's the Audi server that causes the problem it took two or three attempts before finally working.

Tell me about it.

Finally done it.

Can unlock / lock car etc now from my phone.

can you start engine from phone ?
It will probably work the same as the BMW app where you can unlock the car see the fuel level start the heating start the heated seats I have this for my G20 330D but it doesnt allow remote start but the likes of some alarms like Pandora/Clifford/Viper they have a remote start feature that can be fitted

No only see the fuel, lock status and mileage. You cant do any pre heat or anything like that
You can link it to smart watches as well I've got a client with a Vorsprung A7 company car he can lock it and unlock it monitor his fuel level from his apple watch I know its a gimmick but still

You can link it to smart watches as well I've got a client with a Vorsprung A7 company car he can lock it and unlock it monitor his fuel level from his apple watch I know its a gimmick but still
A3 dont have to.be same

Image Image 2
Also does the car location but I'm not taking a picture of that ;)
Sometimes go out without my phone, so having it on my watch might be handy. Figured I'd install it on there just in case.

Reactions: Sibz156
I honestly think the whole Audi app is just a bit of a gimmick, I dont know what I expected but the only usefull feature I can see is remote locking for when your out and about and you doubt whether you locked the car or not, besides that i'm not convinced

Reactions: RSt3ve
I honestly think the whole Audi app is just a bit of a gimmick, I dont know what I expected but the only usefull feature I can see is remote locking for when your out and about and you doubt whether you locked the car or not, besides that i'm not convinced
I've found the fuel level/estimated range info useful. I don't use the car frequently so being able to check if I'm going to need to fill up before a trip is handy. Sure, it's a bit gimicky and I'd probably not miss it if I didn't have it, but since I do it's useful :)

Reactions: 8YARWY
Ambient lighting has individual options
Dash / door contour lines and the light that shines down upon the armrests / wireless charging aperture can be adjusted independent of each other.
e5deb633c5b740f9b6ce9ac0a9f5d171.jpg

Reactions: Gazjs, Snake Pliskin, Terminator x and 2 others
its the MyAudi app when you download it to the phone it should create a version off it for the applewatch which you can configure
ah cool :)
Ambient lighting has individual options
Dash / door contour lines and the light that shines down upon the armrests / wireless charging aperture can be adjusted independent of each other.
e5deb633c5b740f9b6ce9ac0a9f5d171.jpg

there is ambient on dash on this fake carbon... :(

And if you have a bad memory it’ll navigate you back to the car

Reactions: Mastachaz

yeah its very funny when I saw that dash I was sure its real carbon but its printed on grey plastic , no idea why there is no ambient , could you check for me please if front loom has that ambient connector on rs3

yeah its very funny when I saw that dash I was sure its real carbon but its printed on grey plastic , no idea why there is no ambient , could you check for me please if front loom has that ambient connector on rs3

It doesn’t really say if there’s a connector for ambient.
Just lists a wiring loom for interior.

Nipped into Crewe Audi on Wednesday the 9th, and picked up the below, as I could not wait any longer, with the level of uncertainty and bits being removed.
This is mine now. Asked how come Crewe Audi were able to get these, apparently they were pro-active and placed a bulk order for themselves as a business, to pre-register and sell on as used cars, thereby not breaking any rules. Its a practice they have done before.
IMG 0786 Medium
IMG 0789 Medium

Had haggled the price down to what was advertised and could not resist waiting any longer. (The boss, agreed before the extra spend).

It was accompanied by these Vorsprung, Carbon and Standard. The Green, Red and Blue colours were really stunning in real-life.
IMG 0790 Medium
IMG 0792 Medium

IMG 0791 Medium
IMG 0793 Medium

• Wow
Reactions: Jassyo06, Jay 1234, RSt3ve and 9 others
My 'red choice' is far more stunning than I thought it would be, the red with black works very well, I'm even starting to like the wheels now :)

Reactions: Terminator x, RS03??? and 8YARWY
Nipped into Crewe Audi on Wednesday the 9th, and picked up the below, as I could not wait any longer, with the level of uncertainty and bits being removed.
This is mine now. Asked how come Crewe Audi were able to get these, apparently they were pro-active and placed a bulk order for themselves as a business, to pre-register and sell on as used cars, thereby not breaking any rules. Its a practice they have done before.
View attachment 251133View attachment 251127
Had haggled the price down to what was advertised and could not resist waiting any longer. (The boss, agreed before the extra spend).

It was accompanied by these Vorsprung, Carbon and Standard. The Green, Red and Blue colours were really stunning in real-life.View attachment 251128View attachment 251129

View attachment 251130View attachment 251131

Congrats

Reactions: RS03???
@RS03??? incredible that Crewe Audi have still got so many considering how many they have already sold!

TX.

Reactions: RS03???
View attachment 251133View attachment 251127

It was accompanied by these Vorsprung, Carbon and Standard. The Green, Red and Blue colours were really stunning in real-life.View attachment 251128View attachment 251129

View attachment 251130View attachment 251131
Congrats on the purchase, keeping an eye out for a decent deal myself.
Is that an Exclusive Green saloon? Looks like Java rather than Kyalami, or is it just the photo?

Reactions: AndyVWR
Congrats on the purchase, keeping an eye out for a decent deal myself.
Is that an Exclusive Green saloon? Looks like Java rather than Kyalami, or is it just the photo?
It looked darker green than Kaylami Green and it was quite cloudy day. Here is 1.6M bit picture.
Screenshot 2022 03 11 at 221334

Reactions: Pinky1959, kayemill and mb127
It looked darker green than Kaylami Green and it was quite cloudy day. Here is 1.6M bit picture.
View attachment 251160
Thinking about the Green, I saw on a RS4 was lot darker and was Sonama Green and this was not it. Suggest pinging Crewe on the colour, my guess is it will be standard offered colours rather than exclusive.

Reactions: mb127
Thinking about the Green, I saw on a RS4 was lot darker and was Sonama Green and this was not it. Suggest pinging Crewe on the colour, my guess is it will be standard offered colours rather than exclusive.
Looks a lot like Java green to me, which can vary quite a bit depending on the lighting. Would be only the 2nd exclusive I've seen photos of (that's in the UK) other than the Nardo saloon already on Autotrader.
640px Audi A7 50 TDI quatro Audi Forum Neckarsulm Bild 2
39c0f66a audi a7 java green exterior 6
Hulk on wheels java green audi rs6 avant is not a bmw 1

Reactions: Mastachaz, AndyVWR and RS03???
Wee question to all you RS owners. Obviously a lot of owners loving the new improved RS and seeing the world is changing, and we are being forced down the electric route, is this gonna be your keeper ?

Reactions: RSt3ve, 8YARWY, Mr Freeze and 2 others
Wee question to all you RS owners. Obviously a lot of owners loving the new improved RS and seeing the world is changing, and we are being forced down the electric route, is this gonna be your keeper ?
Yes, that was my intention, unique car as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: NevMan and Jcbmally
It is a bit. It's got the same functionality as the 2016 A250 I had back in 2016!, so in 2022 is a bit lacking.
My mate with her M2C can get journey data and a few more bits of data.
The main use I have for it so far is not having to go outside on a Monday morning when I do my mileage returns for work!

Hmm tricky, it’s not as technically advanced as the Tesla, which is a shame and as other owners have said the App is not of that much use, bar checking the car status and unlocking / locking it.
Auto booking a service too apparently.

Setting up a key user isn’t straightforward although can be done with persistence.

I like that you can program the NFC card via the wireless charger to use instead of a key.

I’m still not a fan of those vents on the binnacle really, passenger side is fine though.

Virtual cockpit is ‘ok’ just not a fan of a Rev counter runway that comes toward you, and not so keen on the roller coaster one either, the centre all in one dial on the 8V was pretty much all you needed.

RS button on the wheel I like, however in ‘performance’ mode I feel it hangs onto the gears for grim death, but that is easily solved by using the paddles.
Speaking of performance mode, Christ it sounds one angry MF when in it.

Touch screen………. Is what it is lol, not easy to use but at least the heater controls are still there

Voice control I’ve found works surprising well.

The ‘nugget’ gear thingy is weird at first as you find yourself going for a DSG stick that ain’t there lol, but once you are used to it you can use it without looking down at it.

Here’s the real ace up the RS3’s sleeve though, the chassis and that Magna vectoring rear.
We’ve been out in it today to Knutsford and I purposely went on some back roads to see how it performed, let me just say it goes where you point the damn thing, so much confidence given when pushing on into twisty sections of road, totally different feeling to the 8V and I didn’t think that car was too bad either, but the 8Y…….wow.

It’s almost laughter inducing the way you can come into a corner and not be troubled by it at all, once you feel the rear at work you get a real understanding of what’s it’s up too mid corner, quick direction changes don’t upset the car at all.
Straight line acceleration is brutal in performance mode, certainly no slouch, and I say that from having a 540 8V.

Brakes seem very good, haul it to a stop very quickly when needed with no drama and no noises .

Overall engine noise vs a Daza 2.5 is ‘different’ but I like it, I does do a ‘semi’ burp on the upshifts in manual, I’ve noticed no silly pops / bangs thankfully, but it’s sound from inside the car is a more bassy/gargle, I’m not sure if it’s the OPF’s doing this as they are under the front seats area, so you can almost feel the 5 pot warble too.

On the exterior I’d say it feels a good deal wider than the 8V did, even though there’s not a great deal in it, the body panel shapes really give it an ‘on steroids’ look which hasn’t been really seen before, the 8P kinda did a similar thing with the Carbon fibre wings to give it a presence from the front.

Front lights / grill, still getting used to how it looks, the lights do still look a bit too big in proportion to what’s around them, the animation is great though and typical of audi lighting, they also made the rear lights do something more interesting this time too.

Would it be a keeper though ? Hmmmm that’s a tricky question isn’t it ?
dynamically this is the first RS3 I’m happy with out of the box, which is a statement in itself I suppose.

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan, Jay 1234 and 8 others
Hmm tricky, it’s not as technically advanced as the Tesla, which is a shame and as other owners have said the App is not of that much use, bar checking the car status and unlocking / locking it.
Auto booking a service too apparently.

Setting up a key user isn’t straightforward although can be done with persistence.

I like that you can program the NFC card via the wireless charger to use instead of a key.

I’m still not a fan of those vents on the binnacle really, passenger side is fine though.

Virtual cockpit is ‘ok’ just not a fan of a Rev counter runway that comes toward you, and not so keen on the roller coaster one either, the centre all in one dial on the 8V was pretty much all you needed.

RS button on the wheel I like, however in ‘performance’ mode I feel it hangs onto the gears for grim death, but that is easily solved by using the paddles.
Speaking of performance mode, Christ it sounds one angry MF when in it.

Touch screen………. Is what it is lol, not easy to use but at least the heater controls are still there

Voice control I’ve found works surprising well.

The ‘nugget’ gear thingy is weird at first as you find yourself going for a DSG stick that ain’t there lol, but once you are used to it you can use it without looking down at it.

Here’s the real ace up the RS3’s sleeve though, the chassis and that Magna vectoring rear.
We’ve been out in it today to Knutsford and I purposely went on some back roads to see how it performed, let me just say it goes where you point the damn thing, so much confidence given when pushing on into twisty sections of road, totally different feeling to the 8V and I didn’t think that car was too bad either, but the 8Y…….wow.

It’s almost laughter inducing the way you can come into a corner and not be troubled by it at all, once you feel the rear at work you get a real understanding of what’s it’s up too mid corner, quick direction changes don’t upset the car at all.
Straight line acceleration is brutal in performance mode, certainly no slouch, and I say that from having a 540 8V.

Brakes seem very good, haul it to a stop very quickly when needed with no drama and no noises .

Overall engine noise vs a Daza 2.5 is ‘different’ but I like it, I does do a ‘semi’ burp on the upshifts in manual, I’ve noticed no silly pops / bangs thankfully, but it’s sound from inside the car is a more bassy/gargle, I’m not sure if it’s the OPF’s doing this as they are under the front seats area, so you can almost feel the 5 pot warble too.

On the exterior I’d say it feels a good deal wider than the 8V did, even though there’s not a great deal in it, the body panel shapes really give it an ‘on steroids’ look which hasn’t been really seen before, the 8P kinda did a similar thing with the Carbon fibre wings to give it a presence from the front.

Front lights / grill, still getting used to how it looks, the lights do still look a bit too big in proportion to what’s around them, the animation is great though and typical of audi lighting, they also made the rear lights do something more interesting this time too.

Would it be a keeper though ? Hmmmm that’s a tricky question isn’t it ?
dynamically this is the first RS3 I’m happy with out of the box, which is a statement in itself I suppose.

Good write up, still running it in, not a hint of regret from 8v RS3 OPF to this.

Reactions: kayemill, Terminator x and 8YARWY
My intention is to keep mine beyond the pcp providing it proves to be a goodn long term.

Reactions: Jcbmally