RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

The base price pre increase was 51k iirc for a standard car.
26372c5e90bd40df3b6874e7c2adaa7e.jpg

And after 6% increase below

b2e690db650b53c9cd73525643836798.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's bang on current ROTR (has RS Sports Exhaust (£960))

Pre increase £51770 would have been £48840

Reactions: Daggerit
I can't recall my last RS3 getting this much attention but same as you Guys have noted, I've had a fair few thumbs up and comments on the car.
Saw a yoof snapping a pic of it last night in a public car park which I wasn't that enamoured about but I was told its common for the young uns of today with insta & whatever lol
I wouldn't give a 8y the thumbs up....l past by a Ferrari F12 on Sunday afternoon now yer talking thumbs up ...

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Top is pre mate
Bottom is current.

If I’m understanding the pricing correctly, I think he’s meaning that you’re not comparing apples for apples there.

The old price is RRP in your picture, the new price is the cost before VED and on the road costs (not RRP), which will then bring it up to the advertised price.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Top is pre mate
Bottom is current.

Yeah but I think what you've posted is current basic prices then current RRP is shown on the config.
Configurator

Pre (Basic price)
Pre 6

Current (Basic price)
Current

(Then you add paint, options, VED, OTR costs which haven't changed)

Reactions: 8YARWY and Daggerit
Does anyone know of any dealers that might have a test car? at this point I'm getting sick of my dealership saying they don't know when they will get one
They will only get a test car once the prices revert to 'normal'.....................or another way of looking at it, they will register and sell every car they get for a huge profit until the prices revert to normal, why would they put a car on demo when they can sell it and every other car they get for a profit?

Reactions: Alan Oliver
I wouldn't give a 8y the thumbs up....l past by a Ferrari F12 on Sunday afternoon now yer talking thumbs up ...
I think in classy daytona people can't help themselves mate, it just ups the respect level a notch or two .... lol ;)

Reactions: AndyVWR and kayemill
I think in classy daytona people can't help themselves mate, it just ups the respect level a notch or two .... lol ;)
Or look at that F@nny in that green Audi....Daytona yup classy

Reactions: kayemill, Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
lol green is more of a statement colour but I do think it suits the RS3 if you are bold enough to go for it.

Reactions: Jassyo06

That’s exactly what I’m going for! The pfl 8V is look at that f@nny in the loud primer Audi.

Not so loud this time but will still get called a f@nny for the colour

Daytona looks great by the way!

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 8YARWY
It's bang on current ROTR (has RS Sports Exhaust (£960))
View attachment 250886
Pre increase £51770 would have been £48840

So based upon that then it’s bang on, strangely though why ? doesn’t make sense as all their other cars are over RRP.

Even the green one on eBay that was a bare bones saloon with zero options bar paint sold for 60k.

Unless they think it wouldn’t sell at overs

Reactions: mb127 and Snake Pliskin
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
That’s exactly what I’m going for! The pfl 8V is look at that f@nny in the loud primer Audi.

Not so loud this time but will still get called a f@nny for the colour

Daytona looks great by the way!

Even with just the RS3 badge on yer classed as F@nny .......=but there's varying degrees ....of a F@nny and kermit green is the Tap Dancer

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze and Snake Pliskin
Even with just the RS3 badge on yer classed as F@nny .......=but there's varying degrees ....of a F@nny and kermit green is the Tap Dancer

where does kemora sit on the scale mate ? :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06
So based upon that then it’s bang on, strangely though why ? doesn’t make sense as all their other cars are over RRP.

Even the green one on eBay that was a bare bones saloon with zero options bar paint sold for 60k.

I was looking at Autotrader at weekend and I think a basic one would only be in range of a few extra... so £55 to £58K From 60-64k seem to be the Carbon Black Trim , then its £64 plus for Launch and Vorsprung

Maybe Audi UK have said don't overcharge people. Or perhaps this trim is so basic no one wants to be seen in one and they might have to reduce the price, as it is so bad with the Aluminium Trim and no matrix and those wheels. (lol)

Still has a 2.5 litre engine with 5 cylinders and 400ps. :icon thumright:

I was looking at Autotrader at weekend and I think a basic one would only be in range of a few extra... so £55 to £58K From 60-64k seem to be the Carbon Black Trim , then its £64 plus for Launch and Vorsprung

Maybe Audi UK have said don't overcharge people. Or perhaps this trim is so basic no one wants to be seen in one and they might have to reduce the price, as it is so bad with the Aluminium Trim and no matrix and those wheels. (lol)

‘Those wheels’ look great in gloss black

• Haha
Reactions: AndyVWR
For myself buying a RS3 just for that engine alone mean's diddly squat......to me....id be better off keeping my TTS .......it's the Full Monty or nowt......l think a lot of folks get a bit carried away on here it's a 8Y A3 .....and require a reality check

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and AndyVWR

What you’ve got to remember is the lowly ones on AT still have good spec.
Wireless charging / Power tailgate / sports exhaust / adaptive dampers / tinted rear windows / flat bottomed wheel () / Dinamica seats (which I love) / active TPMS.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, kayemill, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person

I hang my head in shame every time I get in mine and wear a brown paper bag each time I get out of it in public. There's talk of the neighbours hurling rotten veg at me next time I go out in it :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, Snake Pliskin, AndyVWR and 1 other person
I hang my head in shame every time I get in mine and wear a brown paper bag each time I get out of it in public. There's talk of the neighbours hurling rotten veg at me next time I go out in it :tearsofjoy:

And those wheels taped mine up with Morrisons bags to hide them.

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, AndyVWR, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
And those wheels taped mine up with Morrisons bags to hide them.

Yeah, here's mine face to face with a proper RS3...
20220305 120617

Seriously, all opinions are valid in their own right but I start to cringe when I here the words basic and RS3 in the same sentence. For me, the driving experience is all I'm bothered about, engine, grip, brakes and noise. Plus ferrying my bikes about to races.

Reactions: kayemill, 3vans, Terminator x and 4 others
‘Those wheels’ look great in gloss black

:icon thumright:

You realise I am pulling legs, as that car is basically the same as my car (just without the addition of Adaptive suspension). I do like what the dealer has done with your car, very nice.

What you’ve got to remember is the lowly ones on AT still have good spec.
Wireless charging / Power tailgate / sports exhaust / adaptive dampers / tinted rear windows / flat bottomed wheel () / Dinamica seats (which I love) / active TPMS.

Pretty sure, if communication lines were working properly, I should have Dinamica seats too, will be missing power tailgate, TPMS, wirelss charging.
Yes the new to market spec cars (Frankenstein Spec) is pretty good.

There is a guy in Glasgow with standard trim RS3 which he was trying to sell for £71k reduced now to £67k... I think that is case of not knowing the market, I'd say its £60k tops....if that.

Yeah, here's mine face to face with a proper RS3...
View attachment 250897
Seriously, all opinions are valid in their own right but I start to cringe when I here the words basic and RS3 in the same sentence. For me, the driving experience is all I'm bothered about, engine, grip, brakes and noise. Plus ferrying my bikes about to races.
Hope you appreciate I was being tongue in cheek (I have same level as you). I agree, its the mechanics of the car which is the important thing

Reactions: hood, Snake Pliskin, RSt3ve and 1 other person
Hope you appreciate I was being tongue in cheek (I have same level as you). I agree, its the mechanics of the car which is the important thing
not for everyone I love all this gimmic stuff compare to s3 :)

100% mate, us chrome lovers need to stick together :thumbs up:
I nearly didn't sign up to this forum as I 'did' forums loads when I was younger, but the banter is great.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Terminator x, AndyVWR and 1 other person
100% mate, us chrome lovers need to stick together :thumbs up:
I nearly didn't sign up to this forum as I 'did' forums loads when I was younger, but the banter is great.
I wish to be chrome.lover my life.will.be much easier

Reactions: RSt3ve
I mean matrox headlights rear bumperr etc mate

hang on I’m firing up the universal translator machine……..

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Freeze, kayemill, Mastachaz and 2 others
hang on I’m firing up the universal translator machine……..

Sorry ;)

I mean I love rs3 nice ad on like rear bumper matrix animation etc ;)

Absolutely
Looks are important but it's about the engine performance and handling of the thing.
The rest is window dressing.

Reactions: AndyVWR
If I traded mine into WBAC at the price they offered me I'd have just over £20k in my back pocket which is madness. Would probably fetch more on AT too. Agree on the attention it gets, I've had so many people take pictures of it the first day it was on the road - thought it was maybe because it was the first 22 plate they have seen but it's continued every day since. Even older people too in their late 60s.
How come you only paid £46k for yours? That’s some ****** discount that! I thought I done well getting my launch edition at £57k!

Only difference I can see is this one is brand new unregistered. Just wait until noone buys it, it'll be registered and on for 60k lol

Reactions: 8YARWY
I'm probably being stupid, but Is the battery not in the boot anymore?
Yes but there are jump points in the front still. It's just connection points rather than direct to the battery though.

Reactions: 8YARWY and kayemill
Yes but there are jump points in the front still. It's just connection points rather than direct to the battery though.
That clears that up, Thanks.

Knew I was being Stupid!

Reactions: Daggerit and 8YARWY