RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Does that include estimated build weeks?

I know that no one can know this for sure; but it is a joke from Audi.

Wtf! If true I wonder how my dealer will broach it with me ...

TX.

Edit - ah ok just seen saloon :eek:

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Yes but it also says and all RS3 orders not given a build date will be next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that include estimated build weeks?

I know that no one can know this for sure; but it is a joke from Audi.

I sense a video coming on…..

• Haha
Reactions: A4B9, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06
Come on guys, surely you're not that gullible. Honestly... all Audi models use the same parking sensors, so ergo they'd not be making any cars then? Yeah right, that post would have made more sense on April 1st. Fella is trying to wind you all up and you're fooling for it, hook, line and sinker :smile new:
Why would I try wind anyone up mate, I’m in the same boat waiting on one. Give your head a wobble

More room around the turbo elbow area…

IMG 8112

Drove this tonight and l can honestly say this is the best sounding car I've ever driven....so visceral and brutal even with wltp restrictions....718 GTS.....
I nearly bought one in 2015, placed a deposit. drove down to Sutton Coldfield to be greeted by an embarrassed sales guy who had been told that my discounted price wasn’t on and the price was now £2k above list (from £4k under list) as he couldn’t replace the demo car, needless to say I wasnt impressed.

But looking back after my test drive the car had quite an annoying engine resoance at 50-60 mph, I later talked to a different sales guy and he said he prefered the Boxster GTS as they did nit have the engine noise issue, but yes, your right, outstanding noise, but obly liveable for about 50 miles

Reactions: Jassyo06
Plugged in with VCDS today.

SFD tokens required to change anything meaningful.
Gonna generate some then have a play.

Found a channel that shows Rear Torque distribution (ala Golfmk8R)

I nearly bought one in 2015, placed a deposit. drove down to Sutton Coldfield to be greeted by an embarrassed sales guy who had been told that my discounted price wasn’t on and the price was now £2k above list (from £4k under list) as he couldn’t replace the demo car, needless to say I wasnt impressed.

But looking back after my test drive the car had quite an annoying engine resoance at 50-60 mph, I later talked to a different sales guy and he said he prefered the Boxster GTS as they did nit have the engine noise issue, but yes, your right, outstanding noise, but obly liveable for about 50 miles
Different cars though.
2015 GTS would be a 981 and the noise from that is pretty legendary amongst the Porsche guys.
The 4litre Jassy has there was the replacement of the 2.5Turbo 718GTS and yeh the engine note on that is a big step up from the 2.5 but evidently not quite upto the 981 note.
Not too keen on the alloys on Jassy's one.
Is that the shark blue or another blue Jassy?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Plugged in with VCDS today.

SFD tokens required to change anything meaningful.
Gonna generate some then have a play.

Found a channel that shows Rear Torque distribution (ala Golfmk8R)

I have just done lane assist to remember last setting with VCDS

Anyone know the wheel specs for the car? 19 9 26? fronts?

Wheel offsets.

I have just done lane assist to remember last setting with VCDS

Main modules are locked up.
17,5F etc required SFD. Security code Input on main modules no longer works.

Reactions: Mike.46
Different cars though.
2015 GTS would be a 981 and the noise from that is pretty legendary amongst the Porsche guys.
The 4litre Jassy has there was the replacement of the 2.5Turbo 718GTS and yeh the engine note on that is a big step up from the 2.5 but evidently not quite upto the 981 note.
Yes mate shark blue aka Turbo Blue they are the same colour ....the alloys did suit the exterior black addenda but not a car to use as a daily stunning inside though

Reactions: hood and 8YARWY
Different cars though.
I suspect the resonating noise 'may' be caused by the fact that the engine is under a cover within the confines of the car interior? It was only on the second test drive that I noticed this, on the first one I was so blown away by the cars balance and grip that I did very little cruising along, the second one (In the car I went to buy) we got stuck in traffic in a 50 limit and the noise was, basically headache inducing, looking back I was very glad I didnt buy it as day to day stuff would get tiresome

I guess I better get onto my dealer regarding my order if that post is real, still don't have a build date all I got on Friday as my weekly update "will confirm with the factory and update you once I know more"

Ordered OBD11 ultimate.

I only went for the pro as I'm a tight wad! lol but good to see that someone can give it a good go and let us know what is worth doing. Doesn't seem to be a lot around on the A3 8Y long coding. The biggest winner for me was turning that lane assist off to remember last state. Will have more of a play later to see what else can be tweaked, going to try the Scandinavian DRL.

Reactions: 8YARWY
It does seem that the delays due to sensors are true.

I do not know if this affects my order which has an estimated build week.

If it does then I have a problem as my finance is up in July (extended for the new car) and my mileage after another year would be I guess around 80k and financially it doesn’t make sense to keep my car I don’t think but I can’t replace it.

Just thought I should share this my response from the guy at my dealership dealing with my order

“Hi Sib,

I hope you’re well.

Thank you for your email.
At this stage, it seems that you won’t be affected by this delay, once I’ve just confirmed that you have a build week allocated. Build Week 41.

This is always subject to confirmation, once in the meantime Manufacture can move forward or back the build weeks.

I will keep an eye on this for you and let you know if anything changes.

Kind regards”

Hopefully this spells good news for me.

Just thought I should share this my response from the guy at my dealership dealing with my order

“Hi Sib,

I hope you’re well.

Thank you for your email.
At this stage, it seems that you won’t be affected by this delay, once I’ve just confirmed that you have a build week allocated. Build Week 41.

This is always subject to confirmation, once in the meantime Manufacture can move forward or back the build weeks.

I will keep an eye on this for you and let you know if anything changes.

Kind regards”

Hopefully this spells good news for me.
This suggests that the cars affected are those that don’t have any build week even if not confirmed. If correct.

Not that this helps anyone who is waiting for a build week of course.

This suggests that the cars affected are those that don’t have any build week even if not confirmed. If correct.

Not that this helps anyone who is waiting for a build week of course.
I'd like to think that mine isn't affected since I ordered in September and have an estimated build week. Never know though.

Contrary to this though, some people are commenting on Facebook that they've been told it only affects the A3 and not the S3 or RS3. So I have no idea what to believe.

I was close to emailing him to cancel if he’d said I was not getting the car till 2023 thankfully for now that isn’t the case

Reactions: Daggerit
Really feel for you guys if this is to be correct - I think I'd have to cancel if mine was affected.

Reactions: Daggerit
Really feel for you guys if this is to be correct - I think I'd have to cancel if mine was affected.
off course mine will be canceled very soon :) just waiting for confirmation I understand what is going on but thinks dont get any better

If it’s true it’s going to push prices back up in the short term.

I’ve just looked on AT and there are a few that look to have gone up a little since last week.

Reactions: Terminator x
I just had a chat with my dealer. He read to me what it says and what he told me was that ALL S line and above A3 models including S3 and RS3 will be delayed.

He had no time scale and also he had no information about build weeks making any difference. He also said we need to refinance my car due to these constant delays.

I think a call to Audi U.K. is needed here to clarify.

I just had a chat with my dealer. He read to me what it says and what he told me was that ALL S line and above A3 models including S3 and RS3 will be delayed.

He had no time scale and also he had no information about build weeks making any difference. He also said we need to refinance my car due to these constant delays.

I think a call to Audi U.K. is needed here to clarify.
What mileage is your car on now ?

What mileage is your car on now ?
64k - obviously the information my dealer gave me was different to the information provided by the other sources.

I spoke to Audi U.K. and was told that they have nothing to do with it. It’s the dealers and they apparently have no reason to exist.

My build week has moved to week 35. So back. But what isn’t clear is if that will be delayed further.

I’ve had an Email from Crewe Audi
Their static demo blue car has been reduced to £58680
Mileage just under 3k.

Maybe of interest to someone if you don’t mind it being test driven etc……

Reactions: Terminator x
I’ve had an Email from Crewe Audi
Their static demo blue car has been reduced to £58680
Mileage just under 3k.

Maybe of interest to someone if you don’t mind it being test driven etc……

I dont believe you can damage a modern car that much on a test drive, for eg you cant over rev it with modern boxes and theres no where to hold the car flat out either, the Crewe car was in Guest mode when I drove it, I'm not 100% sure but I think that stops launch etc ?

I have bought 4 ex demo cars A3 2.0 Quattro/ TTS/TTRS and V10 R8, no issues with any of them tbh :)

I dont believe you can damage a modern car that much on a test drive, for eg you cant over rev it with modern boxes and theres no where to hold the car flat out either, the Crewe car was in Guest mode when I drove it, I'm not 100% sure but I think that stops launch etc ?

I have bought 4 ex demo cars A3 2.0 Quattro/ TTS/TTRS and V10 R8, no issues with any of them tbh :)

Agreed but not everyone wants a car that’s been test driven to death
Especially at current prices.

It’s why I searched for a brand new one.

Reactions: Mr Freeze
Agreed but not everyone wants a car that’s been test driven to death
Especially at current prices.

It’s why I searched for a brand new one.

I think if you could see the launch 'count' and the interior is ok with all the different shapes of people (and kids) getting in and out plus the wheels have not been curbed all should be ok, BUT, I I agree I wouldnt want to be paying over list for it either

Come on guys, surely you're not that gullible. Honestly... all Audi models use the same parking sensors, so ergo they'd not be making any cars then? Yeah right, that post would have made more sense on April 1st. Fella is trying to wind you all up and you're fooling for it, hook, line and sinker :smile new:
Still think I’m winding people up then, seems a few peoples dealers has confirmed….

I am not happy with the refinance - the quote comes to £500 a month for 18 months and 16k miles. I won’t do that many miles so should be able to reduce it down but to have 8.9% interested when I am essentially forced into refinancing isn’t right. I will be complaining about this most definately.

Unless by some miracle the new cars comes sooner…

I am not happy with the refinance - the quote comes to £500 a month for 18 months and 16k miles. I won’t do that many miles so should be able to reduce it down but to have 8.9% interested when I am essentially forced into refinancing isn’t right. I will be complaining about this most definately.

with problem with cars you can complain :) it wont change anything I will say more they dont even care ;-)

Reactions: Detail Devil

Use a broker. Audi is a rip off finance anyway. You can get a used car at 5.9% on pcp and even cheaper rate at HP