RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Low battery warning tonight.

Being sat for a few months isn’t great for the battery…..

IMG 8136

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
I spoke to mine this morning, sales manager there said simply there's a lot of silly rumours doing the rounds and had even had two calls from others who'd seen your post on here... he's had no comms from Audi UK and he's still taking orders, so yes is the answer. Now you have got people thinking of cancelling. You in the motor trade by any chance... at any rate, it's not really cricket is it mate. Show me the formal communication from Audi UK and I'll take it all back... also worth noting that a work colleague in Germany I spoke to today also checked on his S3 order placed with a German dealer, no issues there either.
Got read the info from my dealer over the phone today. It's not BS

Reactions: billymc92
Unfortunately, it is confirmed that ALL A3 models including RS3 are delayed. No mention of week build or status at all making any difference.

It is down to the parking sensors and chips in the comfort & sound pack and driver assistance packs.

It is unclear what will happen to orders like mine that have unconfirmed build weeks (but build weeks nevertheless) as at no point does it say that build weeks make any difference.

I think we all have to wait a few days or a week and check back with dealers then as if there are REAL delays then my estimated build week of 35 will go backwards.

Unfortunately, it is confirmed that ALL A3 models including RS3 are delayed. No mention of week build or status at all making any difference.

It is down to the parking sensors and chips in the comfort & sound pack and driver assistance packs.

It is unclear what will happen to orders like mine that have unconfirmed build weeks (but build weeks nevertheless) as at no point does it say that build weeks make any difference.

I think we all have to wait a few days or a week and check back with dealers then as if there are REAL delays then my estimated build week of 35 will go backwards.
source?

As we discussed this is from my dealer and backs up what others said.

The only inconsistency here is the part about build week cars being unaffected; however, the Audi bulletin to dealers says ALL CARS NOT BUILT.
But only a bit of patience will demonstrate if these delays are that bad for cars with estimated build weeks.

Out of curiosity, checked what WBAC would offer me for the car if sold within the next few days and that's £68,000. Madness. Bearing in mind I ordered before the 6% price increase so that would be a lot of money in my pocket and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Out of curiosity, checked what WBAC would offer me for the car if sold within the next few days and that's £68,000. Madness. Bearing in mind I ordered before the 6% price increase so that would be a lot of money in my pocket and I don't see that changing any time soon.
That is weird i did try few launch edition and they are max 56

Also i did.try carbon green sportback.and it was 57

That is weird i did try few launch edition and they are max 57
Me too, I was getting £55960 for a Launch car, but I wonder if WBAC are onto lots of people outting the same reg in?

That is weird i did try few launch edition and they are max 56

Also i did.try carbon green sportback.and it was 57

Me too, I was getting £55960 for a Launch car, but I wonder if WBAC are onto lots of people outting the same reg in?
It couldn't find my car by reg so I had to put details of it in manually.

As we discussed this is from my dealer and backs up what others said.

The only inconsistency here is the part about build week cars being unaffected; however, the Audi bulletin to dealers says ALL CARS NOT BUILT.
But only a bit of patience will demonstrate if these delays are that bad for cars with estimated build weeks.

Maybe that way was so.high ;)

must be error , look at this
if they offer high amount I will grab one of autotrader now , problem is there is loads of money waste at day one if i have to sell
Screenshot 2022 03 07 at 22 29 43 Sell your car in under an hour Buy my car webuyanycar

Sorry I made a typo. £66,000**

Attachments

• 8C735A8D-2F84-4062-B5CE-0FD88BB97B2D.jpeg
    8C735A8D-2F84-4062-B5CE-0FD88BB97B2D.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 73
Here you go, was originally around £66k
WVAC

Reactions: Mastachaz
I've dealt with Crewe, they are amongst the best in my experience and they do move a lot of cars. some very tasty too. I expect said car will go PDQ.

Mike

I've dealt with Crewe, they are amongst the best in my experience and they do move a lot of cars. some very tasty too. I expect said car will go PDQ.

Mike
tell them to drop price little on turbo blue rs with ceramic they had haha so i can buy it

£50.5k for my basic chrometastic spec.
More than I owe, less than its worth to me though which is mad after 7 weeks of ownership. In years gone buy I'd be 5k adrift in negative equity until 6 months had passed.
I feel really bad for the situation people are in with their orders but also very feel lucky to have the car.
I can't say any more other than it'll be worth the wait, the more I drive mine the more I appreciate how special it is. Not had these driving sensations since my 2017 370z Nismo and before that my UK Integra Type R DC2. The RS3 blows them both out the water which given it's a fast family car is incredible. The S3 didn't even come close on reflection.
Hang in there guys n girls.

Reactions: Ross1, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 5 others
More than I owe, less than its worth to me though which is mad after 7 weeks of ownership. In years gone buy I'd be 5k adrift in negative equity until 6 months had passed.
I feel really bad for the situation people are in with their orders but also very feel lucky to have the car.
I can't say any more other than it'll be worth the wait, the more I drive mine the more I appreciate how special it is. Not had these driving sensations since my 2017 370z Nismo and before that my UK Integra Type R DC2. The RS3 blows them both out the water which given it's a fast family car is incredible. The S3 didn't even come close on reflection.
Agree......

The attention it received this morning when i arrived at work :tearsofjoy:

There's a nice stretch of road up in t'hills near me so I'm off out later to see how big the difference is compared to my FL car.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Sibz156 and Adi7r
Does anyone know of any dealers that might have a test car? at this point I'm getting sick of my dealership saying they don't know when they will get one

Agree......

The attention it received this morning when i arrived at work :tearsofjoy:

There's a nice stretch of road up in t'hills near me so I'm off out later to see how big the difference is compared to my FL car.
If I traded mine into WBAC at the price they offered me I'd have just over £20k in my back pocket which is madness. Would probably fetch more on AT too. Agree on the attention it gets, I've had so many people take pictures of it the first day it was on the road - thought it was maybe because it was the first 22 plate they have seen but it's continued every day since. Even older people too in their late 60s.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Does anyone know of any dealers that might have a test car? at this point I'm getting sick of my dealership saying they don't know when they will get one

Crewe audi have one.

Reactions: Mike.46
I can't recall my last RS3 getting this much attention but same as you Guys have noted, I've had a fair few thumbs up and comments on the car.
Saw a yoof snapping a pic of it last night in a public car park which I wasn't that enamoured about but I was told its common for the young uns of today with insta & whatever lol

• Haha
Reactions: HulkRS3
I ordered a Vorsprung Saloon in a special colour any other RS3 is of no interest to me got told a years wait so a few more months waiting wont make any difference

That is the list price

The base price pre increase was 51k iirc for a standard car.
26372c5e90bd40df3b6874e7c2adaa7e.jpg

And after 6% increase below

b2e690db650b53c9cd73525643836798.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06