RS3 8Y General Discussion Thread.

Well I’ll confirm SFD protected modules are unlocked by OBD11.
Even after buying OBD11 I still don’t trust it to make any changes, so will always revert to VCDS or VCP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS03???, Mike.46 and jimbo255
Well I’ll confirm SFD protected modules are unlocked by OBD11.
Even after buying OBD11 I still don’t trust it to make any changes, so will always revert to VCDS or VCP.

Yes, I watched a few videos and would rather have the ability to copy existing codes before trying new one's.

Was the OBD11 unlocking of SFD protection easy enough?

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY
Yes, I watched a few videos and would rather have the ability to copy existing codes before trying new one's.

Was the OBD11 unlocking of SFD protection easy enough?
It's a bit of a faff really, you have to use an Authentication app first and then fill out some details in the OBD App.

Reactions: RS03??? and Mike.46
4 months with this beast now :fire: Still gets looks & comments every day, rocket

Attachments

• 9A61CF17-AC5E-4585-BC65-CDD83652DF12.jpeg
    9A61CF17-AC5E-4585-BC65-CDD83652DF12.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 157
Reactions: garethdj, Pinky1959, RS03??? and 7 others
How come you only paid £46k for yours? That’s some ****** discount that! I thought I done well getting my launch edition at £57k!
The true figure is higher but a settlement is minus the interest.

Does anyone know of any dealers that might have a test car? at this point I'm getting sick of my dealership saying they don't know when they will get one
Milton Keynes have a Daytona Grey First Addition that I drove on Saturday

Reactions: Sibz156
Anyone seen or spoke to grail exhausts about the OPF bypass they use? I contacted but got not reply and can’t see anything on there website. I’m desperate to get my downpipe fitted again!

That number plate looks really terrible, not legal either. Good luck with that.
Good job it's not on a motorcycle :) plod would be straight there with his f ruler and camera

Reactions: Daggerit
That number plate looks really terrible, not legal either. Good luck with that.
Shut up :laughing: Resembles my last name, lasted 3 months okay with it so keep quiet pal:icon thumright::laughing:

I’d comment on your car but it seems you don’t have one, must be tough :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HulkRS3 and 5pot
Can some of you chaps refrain from using less than user-friendly language in your replies, just because the nasty words filter works, it's not an excuse to just fire away with whatever words come to mind in a reply.
I'm not being Mr grumpy here, so just be a bit more thoughtful in your replies please as it's not just you Rs3 chaps that read here.

have a good one and keep it sensible, please.

You know who you are and you're on my radar.

Last edited:
Anyone seen the latest video of Archie Hamilton dynoing his vorsprung saloon down at dms?

comparing it to the Evil GT’s 408bhp 562ft done by awesome gti I know all dyno’s will give out different number but something doesn’t add up surely launch edition and vorsprung being so similar should make the same\similar power no?

Anyone seen the latest video of Archie Hamilton dynoing his vorsprung saloon down at dms?

comparing it to the Evil GT’s 408bhp 562ft done by awesome gti I know all dyno’s will give out different number but something doesn’t add up surely launch edition and vorsprung being so similar should make the same\similar power no?

The 418 PS in Archie’s video is 412 bhp, so 4 bhp difference is well within the margins of error I’d imagine.

Reactions: Mike.46
Anyone seen or spoke to grail exhausts about the OPF bypass they use? I contacted but got not reply and can’t see anything on there website. I’m desperate to get my downpipe fitted again!
6BED4104 7F61 4CBF AD10 6D47C68E637B

Reactions: billymc92
anyone know if ceramic breaks can be sold of car ? i found some car with but i completly no need that also its more expensive :) so im curious how much they can be worth

anyone know if ceramic breaks can be sold of car ? i found some car with but i completly no need that also its more expensive :) so im curious how much they can be worth

Be easier to buy a car without them.

Why screw about like that with a brand new car.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Mr Freeze
Be easier to buy a car without them.

Why screw about like that with a brand new car.

I know but its hard to found some not used car wich dont cost 75k

also found kemora grey might go with that xD has no ceramic

thank you very much iots very crazy price and think no one will buy it anytime soon

thank you very much iots very crazy price and think no one will buy it anytime soon
Makes the dynamic pack seem good value though :whistle2:

I hate the Audi standard brakes with a passion so much so that I changed both the RS3 and 4 over to AP Racing.

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY
Lots of Porsche GT3 owners used to remove them and fit steels for track days! sort of odd but one gravel trap stone and theyre knackered

Yup quite fragile in certain ways.

Reactions: Mike.46
Recorded this a few days ago just out of interest as to how well the mic would pic it up and it seems to have done quite well. Hence the dodgy camera angle but thought I would post it for anyone interested anyway

Reactions: HereWeGo, hef and Detail Devil
Recorded this a few days ago just out of interest as to how well the mic would pic it up and it seems to have done quite well. Hence the dodgy camera angle but thought I would post it for anyone interested anyway

I like it :p

Reactions: Detail Devil
88383fde785a710dcdc856df5ad28ab9.jpg

Lol at least it’s not had any yet.

No Alarm chirp option on the 8Y either.

• Sad
Reactions: HulkRS3
Lol not a chance.

b919ccc7b950b6a1e7b83f00edfe68ff.jpg

Reactions: Detail Devil
Has anyone managed to set a key user yet ?

I had issues with this, the dealer ended up taking it in and getting it sorted

Reactions: 8YARWY

Nope. Two months in and still not managed to do it…

Asked dealer to help whilst I was in booking an oil change yesterday but they couldn’t do it either - turns out I wasn’t doing anything wrong and it’s an issue at Audi (not dealers or my car) and their servers.