Anyone considering cancelling?

HereWeGo

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer today and because my car hasn't got a build week it will be facing significant delay due to the latest parking sensor supply chain issue and parts shortage with Ukrainian made parts. All A3, S3, RS3 are affected as long as they have parking sensors, comfort+sound pack, driver assistance pack or combination of them.

Ordered my RS3 Sportback in early December, was fully expecting a decent wait, up to a year even though they quoted me July 2022. I was aiming for roughly September 2022 but now I really don't know when my order will be fufilled. There's talks of Summer 2023 at the earliest?! Kind of takes all the enjoyment out of the process of getting a new car. We need a hatchback within the next year for practical family reasons.

Not quite sure how to move forward and wondering if anyone else is in a similiar situation. The used car market is bonkers as well so that's hardly a great choice. Would maybe consider RS4 but they're wild prices used too.

Anyone else feeling the same. Feel free to vent away.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayemill and RS03???
Spoke to my dealer today and because my car hasn't got a build week it will be facing significant delay due to the latest parking sensor supply chain issue and parts shortage with Ukrainian made parts. All A3, S3, RS3 are affected as long as they have parking sensors, comfort+sound pack, driver assistance pack or combination of them.

Ordered my RS3 Sportback in early December, was fully expecting a decent wait, up to a year even though they quoted me July 2022. I was aiming for roughly September 2022 but not I really don't know when my order will be fufilled. There's talks of Summer 2023 at the earliest?! Kind of takes all the enjoyment out of the process of getting a new car. We need a hatchback within the next year for practicality.

Not quite sure how to move forward and wondering if anyone else is in a similiar situation. The used car market is bonkers as well so that's hardly a great choice. Would maybe consider RS4 but they're wild prices used too.

You are not alone. If you can afford it grab one of Autotrader. There was 100 cars start of the week now 96, so they are moving since the latest further setbacks.

Reactions: 8YARWY
In a dilemma as my car is "fully loaded" albeit without all the Vorsprung tat ;) + got it before price rise so worth a wait but more than 12 months?!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY and HereWeGo
Include me in the "considering Cancelling" Camp. Ordered in Early November, Ideally looking at late March early April to be taking delivery. All I have recently had is the hollow, Pithy email from the Head of Audi UK Sales about the delays. *** I am still waiting for an Order Copy, Outlining the balance etc. Pretty pathetic customer service. As others alluded to, Cannot get nothing as an alternative unless you pay over the odds, Was looking at a F82 M4C/CS but i really wanted the "novelty" of my 1st new car, If i go the BM route, I am looking at a nigh on 4 year old car with only a 12m warranty, Which if I come to trade in, I will lose a shed load on. There is also the situation of adaptions I require, Which I would have to pay twice for.

So Pi**ed off.

Reactions: HereWeGo
Include me in the "considering Cancelling" Camp. Ordered in Early November, Ideally looking at late March early April to be taking delivery. All I have recently had is the hollow, Pithy email from the Head of Audi UK Sales about the delays. *** I am still waiting for an Order Copy, Outlining the balance etc. Pretty pathetic customer service. As others alluded to, Cannot get nothing as an alternative unless you pay over the odds, Was looking at a F82 M4C/CS but i really wanted the "novelty" of my 1st new car, If i go the BM route, I am looking at a nigh on 4 year old car with only a 12m warranty, Which if I come to trade in, I will lose a shed load on. There is also the situation of adaptions I require, Which I would have to pay twice for.

So Pi**ed off.
Feeling the same as you mate. Considering a BM, doesn't tick all the boxes that I want with the RS3, but what can you do? It feels like a new RS3 delivery is a pipe dream right now. Will it ever arrive

Reactions: Alan Oliver
I was as I’ve an order in for a Vorsprung Exclusive.
Been told Q4 this year, but the need for a car forced my hand, so I went and found a brand new car at an independent dealer that ticked most of boxes.
Paid 2.5K over what the car was at list, but I’m happy with my purchase and I’ve already had offers on my order when it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3 S., Mr Freeze, NevMan and 1 other person
Yeah I think i be canceling as well :) and will grab something or keep s3 ;-) its not bad for the price and i got it brand new for 35k :) now if I want sell its more then 37 k haha

Reactions: HereWeGo

Ordered my RS3 Sportback in early December, was fully expecting a decent wait, up to a year even though they quoted me July 2022. I was aiming for roughly September 2022 but not I really don't know when my order will be fufilled. There's talks of Summer 2023 at the earliest?! Kind of takes all the enjoyment out of the process of getting a new car. We need a hatchback within the next year for practicality.

The optimist in thinks there's an aspect of managing expectations here (maybe something they've just learned recently, lol). I'd like to think companies like VAG/Audi either have back up suppliers or a process to urgently seek alternatives for whatever parts they can't get. I can't see them just waiting until they can get parts again from the same place.
Anyways, I'm already 6 months in... cancelling now is just a waste of that 6 months to me, so I won't be.
Might explore other options like @T-1000 but certainly won't be paying 15k over.

Reactions: Mado97, Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and 2 others
I cancelled and went for a 2 year old M5 - more money to run but a bigger car actually suits our family needs better. Haven't looked back since (although I like to see pictures and updates of people getting their RS3's!) as it's such a nice place to be!

Reactions: FBF01, Terminator x, NevMan and 1 other person
Got my eye on a red RS4 now

I think if it sounded better and it wasn’t a struggle to get it in my garage I’d have gone for the RS4.

Reactions: FBF01, RS3 S., Mike.46 and 2 others
The optimist in thinks there's an aspect of managing expectations here (maybe something they've just learned recently, lol). I'd like to think companies like VAG/Audi either have back up suppliers or a process to urgently seek alternatives for whatever parts they can't get. I can't see them just waiting until they can get parts again from the same place.
Anyways, I'm already 6 months in... cancelling now is just a waste of that 6 months to me, so I won't be.
Might explore other options like @T-1000 but certainly won't be paying 15k over.
Well said .......l certainly won't be cancelling the RS3 8Y its overpriced by Audi to start with ....ever since Covid.....people just seem to panick that bit more

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, mb127 and 1 other person

So Pi**ed off.
It won’t help, but are those timescales realistic? We order on the first day it opened in Aug and took delivery last week.

Reactions: Terminator x
I think people should just wait to see if Audi UK formerly communicate anything before cancelling. My dealer knew nothing about further delays and pointed out he even took an order for an RS3 at the weekend. Of course, if you have a few RS3's for sale at silly prices, then spreading some doom and gloom around might move a few of those cars, just saying...
Audi have formally communicated to the dealers, my salesman read it off the script. Not a clue why he'd lie considering I've already ordered with them and paid the deposit months ago. He wasn't just reading off a random forum like we are here.

My dealer has no RS3's for sale and has only taken delivery of one.

I cancelled and went for a 2 year old M5 - more money to run but a bigger car actually suits our family needs better. Haven't looked back since (although I like to see pictures and updates of people getting their RS3's!) as it's such a nice place to be

:whistle2:

M5 v2

Last edited:
Reactions: 8YARWY and Anyname
I think if it sounded better and it wasn’t a struggle to get it in my garage I’d have gone for the RS4.

:whistle2:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
fccf0fd69b12ad5e37d765598335127c.jpg

I dont think an RS4 holds it's value as well as an RS3? I was in the same boat, oddly the RS3 is smaller in the hatch than our Golf, it was a concern but the Dog been in it all over the weekend and he's fine :)

Luckily the boot liner out of the Golf is a very close fit in the RS, It will do and protect just fine until I can get one made (no one has a 2020 on A3/S3/RS3 pattern)

What made you part with the M5??
My dream car always wanted one. In reality I found it just too big for daily duties, bit too wide for the lanes and smaller roads + struggled to get in to multi storey car parks etc. Absolute beast though. Pretty much no one came past me on the track days!

TX.

Reactions: 8YARWY and NevMan
I dont think an RS4 holds it's value as well as an RS3? I was in the same boat, oddly the RS3 is smaller in the hatch than our Golf, it was a concern but the Dog been in it all over the weekend and he's fine :)

Luckily the boot liner out of the Golf is a very close fit in the RS, It will do and protect just fine until I can get one made (no one has a 2020 on A3/S3/RS3 pattern)
5 pot means the battery has to go in the boot thus lowering overall boot space

5 pot means the battery has to go in the boot thus lowering overall boot space
Golf R was the same with raised floor that looks identical height to rear hatch door sill due to rear diff and spare wheel :) Golf R boot liner fits prefectly along floor and up rear seat backs

Reactions: HulkRS3
Golf R was the same with raised floor that looks identical height to rear hatch door sill due to rear diff and spare wheel :) Golf R boot liner fits prefectly along floor and up rear seat backs
Same with my rubber matts from my original S3 8V - they fit perfectly. Brilliant :thumbs up:

So Pi**ed off.
In addition to this my current insurance runs outs on the 28th of May. I was hell bent on getting out of my current steed next month but that currently looks as likely as Nelson getting his Eye back. I toyed with the idea of an 8V to tide me over, 42K for a 5 Year old FL car?

Over a barrel all ways...

F**k that.........

Reactions: NevMan and HereWeGo
I don’t think I’m going to cancel mine. I ordered end of November, no build week from dealer but no notification of any delays either. I actually had a CLA45s shooting brake on order from June last year which I cancelled, Merc built the car anyway and it arrived last week (9 month wait). I turned it down as dealer rang and gave me first dibs. Might be regretting that decision a bit now.

Reactions: DRkNESS and NevMan
Supply chain is bonkers at the moment. A friend of mine works for a truck manufacturer in the UK. They can’t get the chips needed for ABS so they are building the trucks, putting a chip in temporarily then driving them to a lock up and taking the chip back out again to do the same thing with the next one off the production line…

Reactions: NevMan
Probably not going to cancel now either. Come so far now may as well wait a bit longer I guess. Nothing gives me that "feeling" like the new RS3. Don't want to compromise for the sake of it.

Probably not going to cancel now either. Come so far now may as well wait a bit longer I guess. Nothing gives me that "feeling" like the new RS3. Don't want to compromise for the sake of it.
Did you not order in December? If so in the Grand scale of when folks have placed their order your late to the queue

For sure no
Ye gonna stop moaning ....yer full of it just go buy a overpriced one and let that be the end to it if yer that desperate.....yer no real mate ....constantly moaning about not getting a build date....especially with what's been/going on in the world right now we are all in the same situation

Ye gonna stop moaning ....yer full of it just go buy a overpriced one and let that be the end to it if yer that desperate.....yer no real mate ....constantly moaning about not getting a build date....especially with what's been/going on in the world right now we are all in the same situation
Yep that way i put deposit on one overpriced rs3 :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
figer cross or financial goes wall but I still will complain about build date haha :) I dont cancel anything yet

We can set up a GoFundMastachaz page

• Love
Reactions: RSt3ve, Jassyo06, Terminator x and 1 other person
We can set up a GoFundMastachaz page

I’m sorry, can you count me out. I can’t spare any money as I’m just buying an RS3

Reactions: Sandra, Mastachaz and 8YARWY