Anyone considering cancelling?

Yet another pithy excuse with no Build Week update & covering letter from the Head of Audi Sales (Sorry deposit takers) from my "Supplying" LOL Dealer last week.....

My response:

Hi Nick,

This is not levelled at you personally.

I am proactively on the hunt for an alternative.
Always been VAG through & through but to have the cheek to announce 2 price rises since I ordered & not even a Build week 5 months on from ordering.
At the same time as many as 60 vehicles on Auto Trader with even franchised Dealers' like yourselves playing devil's advocate and selling "demonstrators" at premium price couldn't really be more insulting.

In addition to patronising a company that has made its loyal customers' financial scapegoats in paying for it's legal misdemeanours.

Finally, And possibly the most Galling is I could walk into Tesla and have a vehicle in my hands in 3 weeks.

Only the fact that I am spec centric in my alternative keeps my deposit residing with you.

Regards

Reactions: Jassyo06, RS03??? and Mastachaz
I tried to cancel, however, prospect of losing 50% of the deposit may be at risk as advised by the dealer. Asked Audi-UK, they bounced it back to the delaership. Delaership are awaiting to be advised by Audi-UK. Dog chasing its own tail comes to mind.

I tried to cancel, however, prospect of losing 50% of the deposit may be at risk as advised by the dealer. Asked Audi-UK, they bounced it back to the delaership. Delaership are awaiting to be advised by Audi-UK. Dog chasing its own tail comes to mind.
50% ? Why

Utterly ridiculous! Hold back 50% of a deposit only for them to keep the build week and spec and sell it for 10% over listed price as an ex demo!

Joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been told i get full refund witout problems

I decide not to cancel my order but got info my car wont be here 2022 .

You’ve probably got time to get something else on a short term basis whilst you wait…

I would get something silly I would ordinarily never consider to run for 10months or so whilst I waited… with the buoyant market you’d likely get most/all/more of your money back from when you bought it.

I’d run a v8 jag Ftype for example… run it for that noise,all within warranty before you sold it on when your rs3 is ready

You’ve probably got time to get something else on a short term basis whilst you wait…

I would get something silly I would ordinarily never consider to run for 10months or so whilst I waited… with the buoyant market you’d likely get most/all/more of your money back from when you bought it.

I’d run a v8 jag Ftype for example… run it for that noise,all within warranty before you sold it on when your rs3 is ready
I got that I cant wait tbh and it was not much over audi catalog price as has dynamic pack
20220410 112351

Reactions: Terminator x, AndyVWR, RS03??? and 1 other person
Sorry missed you got one!!

Looks good

That colour has been slightly spoilt for me by someone photoshopping British Gas logos onto it
Hahaha i know , remind me also focus rs mk3
Its super nice color looks good in night and day

Sorry missed you got one!!

Looks good

That colour has been slightly spoilt for me by someone photoshopping British Gas logos onto it

So would it be spoilt if you saw these ?

47aefc52b6e8311ddef339f5c6eb8a9f.png

53121c1e5a7fefcc7b3a813d3164ae6b.png

39c4805e7191bba375396b07e809a751.jpg

Reactions: Keano04, Jassyo06 and RS3ree

Lol funny you should say that, I was next to a asda deliver van at the lights yesterday and the colour was very simular!

Reactions: kayemill and 8YARWY
Lol funny you should say that, I was next to a asda deliver van at the lights yesterday and the colour was very simular!

Might actually get my groceries on time if they changed the fleet!

• Haha
Reactions: Keano04 and CarterRS
if you paid just over list price what list price are you looking at because you must have bought one of the highest optioned rs3 sportback's in the UK....ALL are around £70k and up

Lol I was thinking that…. If you ordered before the price rise then you’d be paying around 64k with a colour from the available standard range plus the ceramic option.

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06
Lol I was thinking that…. If you ordered before the price rise then you’d be paying around 64k with a colour from the available standard range plus the ceramic option.

Car being ordered before price rise would be around £62k mate mine's was around £60k saloon being a grand more expensive plus the exclusive paint so it i'd be £61k

Only found out that a work colleague order one quite a while ago, white vorsprung sportback. He has a stunning 19reg RS3 (Nardo) SS seats etc etc. Was told 30months delivery, expected delivery of September. He paid £58k and is only aware of the 360 camera delete.

39c4805e7191bba375396b07e809a751.jpg

this car smells of gas better get a CO2 detector fitted in it
Only found out that a work colleague order one quite a while ago, white vorsprung sportback. He has a stunning 19reg RS3 (Nardo) SS seats etc etc. Was told 30months delivery, expected delivery of September. He paid £58k and is only aware of the 360 camera delete.
13 months not 30 months *** lol...ye on that sherry again lol

• Haha
Reactions: RS03???, 8YARWY and Jcbmally

****** fat fingers, no sherry indulgence carried out, honestly :stupid:

Reactions: RS03??? and Jassyo06
I did order 20.12 so after price rise and for me its no point to look what will cost before that .

So car was £4500 above dealer price.

With new prices its even less

Off course its so f... expensive but its great little rocket and for sure blue its better then kemora

Reactions: Jcbmally, RS03??? and Jassyo06

13 months :whistle2: :haudrauf:

may be to discourage and also could be a negative mark against the rep/dealership/franchise at the end of year appraisals.
Withholding a deposit is illegal, Especially in this context, Audi not fulfilling their part of the contract.

Reactions: RS03???
Withholding a deposit is illegal, Especially in this context, Audi not fulfilling their part of the contract.
Should be an update on this in a week or so, as the car is still months away from build, so cannot be the cause for this stance.

As of today, Still no BW Another Garbage letter from Audi last week though. A mate has a Vorsprung Saloon on order before me, He got the same letter & his Supplying dealer is not returning his calls......

As of today, Still no BW Another Garbage letter from Audi last week though. A mate has a Vorsprung Saloon on order before me, He got the same letter & his Supplying dealer is not returning his calls......
Most on here have build weeks in December and beyond so it's really somewhat irrelevant to be given a build week atm as they're that far way into next year...dealer won't return calls as they're as much in the dark as we are concerning build weeks....it is what is

Most on here have build weeks in December and beyond so it's really somewhat irrelevant to be given a build week atm as they're that far way into next year...dealer won't return calls as they're as much in the dark as we are concerning build weeks....it is what is
@jassyo06 - totally agree mate!
As you know my circumstances have changed, but i'm just leaving my order as is - BW05 2023. I shan't be taking delivery, but will flip it as my son has had a few late cancelled orders that he's moved on

@jassyo06 - totally agree mate!
As you know my circumstances have changed, but i'm just leaving my order as is - BW05 2023. I shan't be taking delivery, but will flip it as my son has had a few late cancelled orders that he's moved on
Sorry to hear that ....but hey its only a car at the end of the day l may sell on when mines arrives aswell a RS3 as a daily driver has become a lot more expensive to run since l ordered....do l want that extra expense??

Spoke to my dealer today and because my car hasn't got a build week it will be facing significant delay due to the latest parking sensor supply chain issue and parts shortage with Ukrainian made parts. All A3, S3, RS3 are affected as long as they have parking sensors, comfort+sound pack, driver assistance pack or combination of them.

Ordered my RS3 Sportback in early December, was fully expecting a decent wait, up to a year even though they quoted me July 2022. I was aiming for roughly September 2022 but now I really don't know when my order will be fufilled. There's talks of Summer 2023 at the earliest?! Kind of takes all the enjoyment out of the process of getting a new car. We need a hatchback within the next year for practical family reasons.

Not quite sure how to move forward and wondering if anyone else is in a similiar situation. The used car market is bonkers as well so that's hardly a great choice. Would maybe consider RS4 but they're wild prices used too.

Anyone else feeling the same. Feel free to vent away.
Ordered mine a day before the price increase in Dec 21. Now promised in Q1 23 but don’t think that will hold up well! Hopefully worth the wait!

Sorry to hear that ....but hey its only a car at the end of the day l may sell on when mines arrives aswell a RS3 as a daily driver has become a lot more expensive to run since l ordered....do l want that extra expense??
No probs - Sh1t happens, and as you say the way everything is increasing in price, i'll stick with my 433hp/427tq ED30, as its such a hoot to drive, and costs naff all to run