Anyone considering cancelling?

I wanted to cancel but have decided to wait. I did consider the M2 competition.

*cough*

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
52be3d8747382d5278a5a4d534d15e72.jpg

Reactions: pburv, FBF01, K96 and 2 others
*cough*

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
52be3d8747382d5278a5a4d534d15e72.jpg

Stop it!

How are you finding the car? I actually left a deposit with Park Lane then cancelled to order the RS3.

Really hope it’s worth the wait as my 8V RS was good just lacked on the handling aspect.

Stop it!

How are you finding the car? I actually left a deposit with Park Lane then cancelled to order the RS3.

Really hope it’s worth the wait as my 8V RS was good just lacked on the handling aspect.
It is a really great car (traded in my M5C for it and I am not disappointed), handles really well and is more than fast enough to see off 99% of other road users. RWD for me can be a bit scary as I have come from 4WD cars since 2015 (!) although tbf the traction control etc keeps the car pretty straight most of the time. Ride is a tad "firm" which for me was the major difference when I got in the RS3 for a test drive + of course throw in a bit of rain and you have to slow down in the M2 otherwise you will find a hedge.

TX.

Reactions: Robsrs and NevMan
Spoke to my dealer today and because my car hasn't got a build week it will be facing significant delay due to the latest parking sensor supply chain issue and parts shortage with Ukrainian made parts. All A3, S3, RS3 are affected as long as they have parking sensors, comfort+sound pack, driver assistance pack or combination of them.

Ordered my RS3 Sportback in early December, was fully expecting a decent wait, up to a year even though they quoted me July 2022. I was aiming for roughly September 2022 but now I really don't know when my order will be fufilled. There's talks of Summer 2023 at the earliest?! Kind of takes all the enjoyment out of the process of getting a new car. We need a hatchback within the next year for practical family reasons.

Not quite sure how to move forward and wondering if anyone else is in a similiar situation. The used car market is bonkers as well so that's hardly a great choice. Would maybe consider RS4 but they're wild prices used too.

Anyone else feeling the same. Feel free to vent away.
I'm not stressing - Yeah its another delay, customer service is crap, etc etc etc. But the RS3 is a 2nd car for me so a luxury, hence if it's delayed then so be it. I cant control supply chain issues, world politics, and other such issues, so i just get on and play with my STG3 MK5 Golf GTi ED30, which is belly laughingly quick with 433hp-424tq :racer:

Reactions: Mike.46, RS03???, Mastachaz and 1 other person
I considered one of these. But it's the same scenario with anything used. Probably 5-6k over what it should be. Dealers must be laughing all the way to the bank. I am not cancelling, Just praying my Car arrives in the next 11 weeks.

I considered one of these. But it's the same scenario with anything used. Probably 5-6k over what it should be. Dealers must be laughing all the way to the bank. I am not cancelling, Just praying my Car arrives in the next 11 weeks.
Have you got a build week yet?

I refuse to pay over on current used car prices.
Rather have a new car and wait.

Reactions: RS03???, Alan Oliver and 3vans
It is a really great car (traded in my M5C for it and I am not disappointed), handles really well and is more than fast enough to see off 99% of other road users. RWD for me can be a bit scary as I have come from 4WD cars since 2015 (!) although tbf the traction control etc keeps the car pretty straight most of the time. Ride is a tad "firm" which for me was the major difference when I got in the RS3 for a test drive + of course throw in a bit of rain and you have to slow down in the M2 otherwise you will find a hedge.

TX.
Sound good also look menacing.

I think part of me waiting is to have the 4WD when pushing on.

Spoke to my dealer today, he also confirmed lack of rear sensors affecting many models. Also stated no confirmed build week on my order.

• Sad
Reactions: 3vans and Detail Devil
As of Tuesday no I haven't.
Same as me, i ordered 17/11 through my son who works at Guildford Audi. He ordered 8/11, and has build week 42. I still have no build week, hence realistically i'm believing my car will come either VERY late this year or in 2023. I'd suggest you take the same approach as no way will your car be here within 11 weeks

Spoke to my dealer today, he also confirmed lack of rear sensors affecting many models. Also stated no confirmed build week on my order.
this is why I did go ahead and place deposit on overpriced rs3 haha

I be selling my factory order if will arrive one day .

my dealer completly ignore me this week

Reactions: 8YARWY
Same as me, i ordered 17/11 through my son who works at Guildford Audi. He ordered 8/11, and has build week 42. I still have no build week, hence realistically i'm believing my car will come either VERY late this year or in 2023. I'd suggest you take the same approach as no way will your car be here within 11 weeks
I sometimes think Why the F**k am I continually patronising a business that basically shafted most of the Western World in 2015 with their complicit behaviour in the "Dieselgate" Emissions scandal. And when they were fined a still to be possibly finalised 20 Billion they decided to surreptitiously Double the cost of Spares and servicing costs worldwide to pay for THEIR dishonesty. I love the look of this car & want it so badly to help with the Sh*t in my life I have had to put up with since 2018 but f**k it, I will be off to BMW if it doesn't materialise in May.

I did this on Saturday last week, deposit on another car,

• Love
Reactions: Jassyo06, Mastachaz and Terminator x
I'm not stressing - Yeah its another delay, customer service is crap, etc etc etc. But the RS3 is a 2nd car for me so a luxury, hence if it's delayed then so be it. I cant control supply chain issues, world politics, and other such issues, so i just get on and play with my STG3 MK5 Golf GTi ED30, which is belly laughingly quick with 433hp-424tq :racer:
All through the front wheels? I'll bet that's fun :)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: billymc92 and NevMan
I sometimes think Why the F**k am I continually patronising a business that basically shafted most of the Western World in 2015 with their complicit behaviour in the "Dieselgate" Emissions scandal. And when they were fined a still to be possibly finalised 20 Billion they decided to surreptitiously Double the cost of Spares and servicing costs worldwide to pay for THEIR dishonesty. I love the look of this car & want it so badly to help with the Sh*t in my life I have had to put up with since 2018 but f**k it, I will be off to BMW if it doesn't materialise in May.
I’d probably not waste a moment and go to BMW and place an order and wait until 2023 for that one as well as they are all screwed right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Detail Devil
Lots of fun!
TVS stage3 s/w map on DSG box is awesome and it actually puts the power down very well

We went 4WD with my lads Golf Mk2, It basically runs a Mk1 TT 6 speed box with diesel diff and computer controlled Haldex, it puts the 525hp effortlessly, I can steer it with thumb and forfinger of one hand when flat out, I would like to fit it with a DSG but it ends up Bank of Dad paying for it so it can stay 6 speed manual, it does the 100-200 kph in around 6 seconds depending on how good the gearchange is :)

Reactions: NevMan
We went 4WD with my lads Golf Mk2, It basically runs a Mk1 TT 6 speed box with diesel diff and computer controlled Haldex, it puts the 525hp effortlessly, I can steer it with thumb and forfinger of one hand when flat out, I would like to fit it with a DSG but it ends up Bank of Dad paying for it so it can stay 6 speed manual, it does the 100-200 kph in around 6 seconds depending on how good the gearchange is :)
I remember the pics you sent me! Thats a work of at Mike :respekt:

Reactions: Mike.46
I’d probably not waste a moment and go to BMW and place an order and wait until 2023 for that one as well as they are all screwed right now.
I'd be going F series so used, Wouldn't want to spend 80K on a G series car as I still haven't got past the "looks" of it.

I am defo selling my car when it arrives no need for a car such as a RS3 TTS,TTRS in my life anymore the last 5 months has given me time to really reflect/think about the car and what gives me a buzz from such a car..the interior l just could not live with it's second rate..... so am bowing out from the car and the forum.....Adios

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: AndyVWR, K96, Mike.46 and 3 others
I am defo selling my car when it arrives no need for a car such as a RS3 TTS,TTRS in my life anymore the last 5 months has given me time to really reflect/think about the car and what gives me a buzz from such a car..the interior l just could not live with it's second rate..... so am bowing out from the car and the forum.....Adios
Bye

Reactions: HulkRS3
You know as well as me you will keep it once you drive it :laughing: :icon thumright:

Upon commencing behold this is our timescale:
Build took 3.5 weeks
Sat at port for 1.5 weeks
Transported to U.K. and arrived at dealer 1 week
Prep and registering 1 week.
7 weeks total for confirmation of build starting.

Upon commencing behold this is our timescale:
Build took 3.5 weeks
Sat at port for 1.5 weeks
Transported to U.K. and arrived at dealer 1 week
Prep and registering 1 week.
7 weeks total for confirmation of build starting.
So was that your actual build/delivery/collection window?? Not understanding the post?

So was that your actual build/delivery/collection window?? Not understanding the post?
Sorry original build week was 42 2021 then pushed back to wk 2 of 2022. Then the time quoted where from that point on.
Was trying to help the above post that hoped for delivery within 11. Mine took 6 from start of build.

Sorry original build week was 42 2021 then pushed back to wk 2 of 2022. Then the time quoted where from that point on.
Was trying to help the above post that hoped for delivery within 11. Mine took 6 from start of build.
Ah i see! Understand now. Well i am still without a build week (Ordered 17/11) and My son who ordered 2 weeks prior had BW42, but not had any confirmation of that pushing out. I sit and wait and as usual not stressing, as its all out of my control.

Ah i see! Understand now. Well i am still without a build week (Ordered 17/11) and My son who ordered 2 weeks prior had BW42, but not had any confirmation of that pushing out. I sit and wait and as usual not stressing, as its all out of my control.
When did your son order? We ordered in aug to get build week 42. And assume his was a vorsprung hence no build week?

So if I was to get a build week in 6 weeks I could hopefully hit my 11 weeks from now threshold

I think you've more chance of Sh1tting on the Moon buddy

and said crap floating all the way back to earth before the car arrived

• Haha
Reactions: Detail Devil and billymc92
Expect a cynical complaining video on my YouTube channel either tonight or tomorrow.

Reactions: WilsonRS, NevMan, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Expect a cynical complaining video on my YouTube channel either tonight or tomorrow.

you’ll upset them even more. 2025 for you now.

• Haha
Reactions: Terminator x, Detail Devil and 3vans